Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Bad brakes on the Journey

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 04:52 PM
leketepe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bad brakes on the Journey

I'm currently having (reoccurring) problems with the brakes on my 2009 Journey. I had the front rotors replaced at 4000K, 9000K, and am now in need of new front and back rotors and pads at 18,000K. The first 2 replacements were done under warranty, but I am currently waiting back from the customer service rep to let me know if they will cover this time. ( Really underwhelmed by the customer service...) I'm not a mechanic, but something tells me, there's a problem...
Beside the fact that I am going to be, at best estimate, 8 days without a car. (I was advised not to drive it) This is a huge inconvenience.
Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone found any aftermarket parts that alleviate this issue? All advice is welcome.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:37 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
I haven't seen many problems with brakes, like i have seen on the minivans. I would like to know what the factory rep has to say. Keep us updated. Thanks

Old 12-18-2010, 08:25 PM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not that you want too hear this, I have the 2010 journey. Most places I've read, said the journey was the worst vehicle to buy in 2010. I also heard they fixed a lot of the problems associated with the o9. ( I didn't know of any). That said, do you have the awd model? It could be a pad sticking, heating up the rotor, (warping them).If that were the case, I would suspect the master cylinder is keeping pressure into the system. Albeit not for you too notice, but in time to ruin your rotors. This is pure speculation, I really haven't a clue whats wrong here .But thats what I'm guessing anyways.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:14 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I have an 09 model. Have already replaced front and back rotors and pads due to warping. 35000 miles. The brakes are junk in these cars.

Quick Reply: Bad brakes on the Journey