Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Official Dodge Journey Fuel Economy Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 03:12 PM
leafsby1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by migz16

2009 sxt Journey 3.5 v6. 235,000 miles on it. Recently changed the spark plugs, coil boots, cleaned the throttle body , changed oil. City I get 10.3 hwy I get 11mpg. With I knew anything else I can do to increase my mileage.
I get horrible gas mileage as well on my 2012 DJ SXT 7 seater, Town 15.7 l/km highway 12.3 l/km I only have 98,xxxKM (61,000 miles) I've changed the Plugs run nothing but synthetic and use nothing but 91 ethanol free high test gas. My buddy gets way better mileage than that with a V8 full size truck.

Old 05-30-2019, 07:13 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Just took the wife's 2017 on a short road trip (27K on the OD), added 6oz of fuel treatment, filled the tank at Costco, regular gas with 10% ethanol, when I refilled the tank at the next Costco the hand calculated mileage on this short 2hr drive was just over 30 mpg, on return trip along with 2 days of driving local driving the mpg was 24.1... We have owned 2010 and 2014 Journey's and the worst mpg we got in sub zero temps when living in the upper Midwest was 20 mpg... The oil I use is Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w20 and Pure-one oil Filters...

Last edited by DBLR; 05-30-2019 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:40 PM
kendotelie
Default 220 miles on last filled tank

What could be the issue?
2014 crossroad purchased new in same year and now only getting what seems like 11mpg city

Old 06-11-2019, 09:05 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by kendotelie
What could be the issue?
2014 crossroad purchased new in same year and now only getting what seems like 11mpg city
There are too many variables involved and not enough information provided to answer your question. Assume we know nothing about your vehicle or its history, which we don’t.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:30 AM
kendotelie

Originally Posted by jkeaton
There are too many variables involved and not enough information provided to answer your question. Assume we know nothing about your vehicle or its history, which we don’t.
At 89k miles, it just seems so bizarre to have such a loss of fuel efficiency

Old 06-12-2019, 07:33 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Have you done any maintenance? What engine? Gradual drop or all the sudden? What were you getting before? Provide more info if you want answers......

Old 06-12-2019, 02:46 PM
kendotelie

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Have you done any maintenance? What engine? Gradual drop or all the sudden? What were you getting before? Provide more info if you want answers......
Sorry you're right. it's a v6 with 19inch stock rims. The loss has happened within the last month. Besides regular oil changes, spark plugs and cabin air filter have been done. Brakes are next. We've never had the 17-19 city but just attributed that to the local traffic. Before we avgd 15-16

Old 12-24-2019, 07:38 PM
Justin Willis
Default 2018 dodge journey se

Having problem with lift gate light inside when opening its on and when fully open turns off and right brake light is on but barely? Also noticed no back up light on right side. And no park light? Any ideas

Old 10-28-2020, 05:32 PM
Mike Alan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dodge Journey with V6 engine 2013

My Dodge Journey with 120,000 miles runs great and have no problems. I changed all fluids as specified. I am getting 26 mpg when driving on a trip. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It has a very quiet interior and the engine has plenty of power. AC ice cold, and the climate control and radio work perfect. It seems this vehicle is complained about by some mechanics. Scotty Kilmer bashes all Dodge products and says they fall apart. I disagree. My Dodge Journey is the best vehicle I ever owned. It rides excellent, is quiet, and gets excellent gas mileage. I changed the spark plugs myself, the battery, and all oil changes myself. Did the PTTU fluid and the rear axle as is required. Only issue was the fluid line for the windshield washer tank. The plastic cracked on the connectors but this was a 10.00 fix no problem. I think Dodge is an excellent product and wish some mechanics would stop bashing Dodge.

The following users liked this post:
12Davidboats (03-30-2021)
Old 03-14-2021, 09:11 PM
12Davidboats
Default great MPG

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
What are y'all getting. Please include Journey model (SXT, RT, etc.), engine and what kind of driving you are doing.

I had a chance to take mom's on a little trip cross state to drop her off for a little stay at my aunt's home. About a 210 mile round trip, 170 miles on interstates and/or 55 mph limit, four lane highways and about 40 miles of in-town driving.

PRIOR to this trip, her trip computer read 21.8 mpg and had never been reset since the day we bought it. I reset it, filled up and recorded the mileage so I could hand calculate to verify.

Upon return I parked it for the night at my place and used it on a 24 mile round trip, about half highway-half town driving to go play golf and back. Got gas on my way home to fill-up and calculated by hand.

Trip computer showed 24.8 MPG and hand calculated I got 24.3 MPG. Pretty respectable out of a mid-sized, cross-over CUV with a pretty peppy V6 IMO. Also, I'll include that we "made" the dealer take the factory 19" wheels/tires off and install factory 17" wheels/tires. I think the 17s make a difference in fuel economy.

What are y'all getting???
Using the cruise control I achieved 30.8 mpg on the trip from Alabama(Tuscaloosa) to Orlando Fl. filled tank in Tusc then in Cotton dale Fl. Set speeds at 65 and 75 as traffic dictated. V6, 17 in tires. Had 1/4 tank left. DTE said 175 Today started car have no cruise control, ABS lite and traction control lite are on. 10 hours straight driving. I have not done the math to verify. Disappointing when this happens brake pads are about 1/2 "and nowhere need wear indicators. 2014 about 71,000 miles.

Quick Reply: Official Dodge Journey Fuel Economy Thread...