Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Electrical problem???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Goochn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problem???

I have a 2009 Journey with a 3.5L V6. Last night when I started the car the wipers started going and they were switched OFF. Also, the blinkers didn't work or my brights. I came home a put a code reader on it and I got 7 different codes. I got B1640 which said front right turn lamp control circuit high, B163C which said front left turn lamp control circuit high, B1648 which said rear right turn lamp control circuit high, B1644 which said rear left turn control circuit high, P0691 which said cooling fan 1 control circuit low, U0010 which said can interior bus, and U0001 which said can C bus. Has anyone else heard of this, experienced this or know what is wrong or what I can do?

Old 01-15-2012, 05:05 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like you most likely have a Bad TIPM(fuse box). Also possible you have a bad multifunction switch, or bad Cluster.
But you need to run a LOT more diagnostic test b4 you condemn it. And TIPM needs dealer scanner to diagnose and install. I afraid you have to visit the dealership or shops with the proper equipment on this one. All of the above parts are ridiculously expensive.
just check all Fuses and make sure they are good, that's probably the only thing you can do.

Last edited by steak59; 01-15-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Electrical problem???