Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2012 Journey with less than 200 miles broke down!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 02:05 PM
firsttimeamericanowner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Journey with less than 200 miles broke down!

I bought my first American made car this past weekend. I have always went with Toyota/Honda in the past for their reliability. Bought the 2012 Journey on Saturday and it broke down on Monday. It just stopped running. Luckily I was only going 35mph otherwise on the freeway I could have been injured. They took it to the shop and said they think it is the PCM (power train control module) basically the computer chip that runs the car. They will order a new one and see if it fixed the problem. They refuse to give me another of the same car. The GM said he could buy it back from me for the "used" value. I do not see this as reasonable. I do not want a car that already has problems within 2 days of owning it and very unsafe problems at that. Does anyone know what my remedy could be? Thank you!

Old 04-04-2012, 02:59 PM
bigtsr
Captain

That's a horrible experience both vehicle wise and dealer attitude.
I would call Chrysler Customer hot line to report the dealer with regards
to his remarks.
I think a buy back is a premature thought although I understand
where your coming from,you have to at least let the dealer service
take a crack at it.
I think they should provide a loaner of some sort.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:11 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Have you try sending a pm to dodgecares. He would listen about some of the problems that new car owners are having.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:01 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

The above from another dumb Dodge dealer is one more reason why fewer people are willing to buy Dodge brand cars, trucks and SUV's, they don't get treated very well an are willing to go else where when the need to buy a replacement vehicle, if you call Dodge HQ most of the time they too can care less now and its gotten worse now that they are owned by FIAT.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:04 AM
jondf
Default Satistical data

This has to be a out lire on the means scale. I have had 2010 Dodge journey, 62,000 and not one problem, oil changes and tire rotation only. I have a 2012 since Jan. and it has been perfect. $ for $ value the Dodge beats all foreign and domestic comparable vehicles for value.

Give the dealer and Dodge a chance. Dodge PCM trouble.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Fnx

I just received a recall notice (12-006 or 006-12) last week about "flashing" the PCM from the dealer that I bought my 2012 Journey from. Took it in today and had them do whatever it is that they needed to do, but unfortunately didn't take the time to find out why or what the did. Curiosity started to get the better of me so I started snooping around the net to see what I could find out. I have been only able to find two items related to this issue through my google-fu and neither where of any help. My guess is there is a known PCM issue that Dodge may be trying to nip in the rear.

Quick Reply: 2012 Journey with less than 200 miles broke down!