Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Heater problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 03:02 PM
peev
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater problems

Hi. I have a 2010 journey with dual climate control . My problem is I have some heat coming out the drivers side vents and none coming out of the passengers side. I have flushed the heater core and found nothing . Took it to my locally mechanic he scan the heating system and found no faults. So he did a recalibration on the actuators and it worked and after a few minutes it went back to the same problem . Any ideas. Thanks.

Old 12-30-2017, 04:50 AM
Heather Marsel

Following*

im having the same issue with my 2012 Dodge Journey!

i have changed the thermostat and done 2 heater core flush...

at at this point I’m looking at replacing the heater core... ugh.

Old 12-30-2017, 03:11 PM
peev

I took it to the dodge dealer and they checked the system . Found no faults electrically. they say its partially plugged heater core so it goes in next Tuesday to have the heater core replaced. I'll let you know how I make out.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:24 PM
peev

They replaced the heater core . And the problem seems to be resolved

Old 01-05-2018, 10:23 PM
Heather Marsel

Originally Posted by peev
They replaced the heater core . And the problem seems to be resolved
Oh I’m glad! Thank you for letting me know! Truly a big help!

Old 01-05-2018, 10:37 PM
peev

The dodge dealer said they are replacing a lot of heater cores. That nobody does a coolant flush anymore . The heater core is so low in the vehicle that the solids in the coolant settle in the heater core. It's been -22 degrees Celsius since it has been repaired and the vehicle is warm .

Old 01-06-2018, 12:17 AM
Heather Marsel

Originally Posted by peev
The dodge dealer said they are replacing a lot of heater cores. That nobody does a coolant flush anymore . The heater core is so low in the vehicle that the solids in the coolant settle in the heater core. It's been -22 degrees Celsius since it has been repaired and the vehicle is warm .
Yeah I did a flush just over a week ago (non dealership) and it helped thank goodness because that’s when we had our -22 weather! Now we have a chinook so plus 1! I’m planning to get the heater core replaced around the 25th this month.If you don’t mind me asking, how much did it cost you and how long did it take?

Old 01-07-2018, 05:29 PM
peev

t cost $1100 . That included a heater core $288 and removing the ac refrigerant and refilling the ac to specs and some antifreeze. Dropped the vehicle in the morning and pick it up the next day I think it was about 10 hours. The heater blows more air around because the temp sensors in the vehicle are not confused trying to tell the doors what position to be in. Good luck. Its a lot of money but we are happy we did it . It has been in the -20s since we got it done and its toasty warm in the journey since.

Quick Reply: Heater problems