Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Radio Wiring Diagram for 2013 Dodge Journey SXT FWD

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 03:12 PM
migz16
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2009 Dodge Journey Wiring Diagram Help

hello,

I've been tirelessly searching the web for a wiring diagram for a 2009 dodge journey sxt v6 3.5. I'm in need of the radio wiring diagram. I need to find which wire in the original harness is the ACC/igniton wire to connect my head unit to. i've tried searching for pin out etc. cant find anything on the radio.

In browsing for wiring diagram i found information as if i was wiring an after market car alarm. i found that the pink/white wire is the ignition/switch cable.

if i cant find that wire in the radio harness can i then tap into the one for the "car alarm" to ensure my head unit only turns on with ignition?

Old 03-05-2018, 09:24 AM
migz16

I owe this to anyone searching this forum site for answers. To be honest, you wont find any here besides this post. I will copy and paste this message to all post i added in search for this answer in different questions. It turns out that the 2009 dodge journey radio acc ignition switch is controlled by some internal computer in the car called CAN BUS or DATA. you'll find different references for it but the 2 i just mentioned are it. What that means is that if you are installing aftermarket radio/head unit you wont get AMP power, antenna power, illumination or ignition cut off. you can wire the radio using metra harnesses but you'll have a hard time getting the things i mentioned above. The only way this will work (AS I JUST GOT IT WORKING) is by purchasing a "

C2R-CHY4"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Select-Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-RAM-Radio-AMPLIFIED-VEHICLES-Wiring-Harness-/391269477897

it brings the harness and everything you need for the 2009 odge journey sxt model.

took a long time to find the answers but i can ensure that this is all you need for installing an after market radio/head unit. without this, no matter how you wire the ACC red cable of your aftermarket harness either to fuse, or pink/white under the steering wheel or to a relay your cars battery will drain out after 2 days time. 2125552781

Old 07-05-2018, 07:25 PM
allanzkie
Question Radio Wiring Diagram for 2013 Dodge Journey SXT FWD

Good day,

My name is allan living in Canada 18 years of age, i'm new to the forum so be easy on me

So here is the question i have is, do the aftermarket colour codes same with the factory radio harness colour codes or different? Since the metra dash kit for this vehicle is expensive i'll go cheap on this, my main goal is to be able to add an amplifier and subwoofer using the factory harness by using Scosche's LOC2SL. This device taps in to the vehicles Power, Front or Rear speakers wiring and outputs in to an RCA form in order for it work with the sub. Basically i'm just tapping the factory harness in order to get an audio signal that i could send to the subwoofer.

The wires i need from the factory harness is the constant 12v, Left front and right front speaker wires.

I also wanna know what colour is the accessory wire (the one that turns on when the key is on), so that the LOC2SL and amp would not be always on.

Thanks in advance for everyone who would be able to help out!

Old 07-05-2018, 09:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Welcome to DF! You want to end up in the Fourth Gen Ram section. For wiring diagrams, you could try here.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:41 AM
allanzkie

Hello, no worries any more. I was able to figure it out by crossing my fingers and closing my eyes... jk

For anyone who might come across this thread and also wants to put a LOC on their vehicle.

Front Right Speakers are: Green/Yellow (+) - Green/Purple (-). It is the first two pins starting from the Red wire (hot wire)
Front Left Speakers are: Grey/Yellow (+) - Grey/Purple (-). Also first two pins underneath the left speaker pins from the Red wire (hot wire)

If still confused check picture below, this was done on the 2013 Dodge Journey SXT FWD V6 with the 4.3" base audio package.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:42 AM
allanzkie
Old 07-06-2018, 12:43 AM
allanzkie
Old 04-27-2021, 04:25 AM
14journey
Default 2014 journey loc

Whats up guys I have a wm-lockn I am wondering if the information stated above would be the same for my journey model. The picture below is my loc

Quick Reply: Radio Wiring Diagram for 2013 Dodge Journey SXT FWD