Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2009 Journey - no turn signals when using column stalk

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 06:45 PM
covert81
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2009 Journey - no turn signals when using column stalk

Hi everyone,

2009 Journey SXT. On my drive in to work today everything was fine. On my way home, from a cold start sitting all day, the turn signals won't turn on when putting the indicator up or down for left or right turns. No light or sound, it clicks in place and will reset to centre when making a turn but nothing is apparently happening. Hazards work fine as does locking or unlocking the door with the keyless (lights flash, horn chirps, lights for the indicators blink on the dash). Headlights turn on and off from the same stalk, as does pushing forward on it to activate high beams. I tried turning it off then turning it back on, no change. Left it for about 15 minutes and tried again, no change. Is the switch is bad? I checked the owner's manual and see no fuses for the turn signals, just the marker/side lights (unless that is what is meant) but I doubt it's a fuse due to both sides ceasing to function at the same time.

I've never had this issue before in this car, I had a similar problem once in another car and it was the stalk that was bad, a broken plastic contact or something.

No work done lately, it's due for an oil change but that's it. Battery replaced about 2 months ago, weather was fine today, around 28-29 Celsius and a bit of rain throughout the day but nothing out of the ordinary for this part of the world.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:37 PM
covert81
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fixed it.

I took the column apart, popped the plastic off the top, and just unplugged and reconnected the 2 connectors attached to it. Voila, they started working again.

Quick Reply: 2009 Journey - no turn signals when using column stalk