Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Traction Light is Always ON (ABS not ON)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 09:22 PM
ronnellbagz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Traction Light is Always ON (ABS not ON)

Need help please. The Traction Control Light won’t turn OFF on my 2013 Dodge Journey FWD (144,000 km). This is the only error that appears on my dashboard. However, When i tried to scan using bluedriver, it shows 4 codes (one not related to Traction)

1 Occupant Restraint Controller Code
B1CDC
Passenger Occupant Detector Circuit High ACTIVE

3 Anti Lock Brakes Codes
U0429-00
Invalid Data Received From Steering Column Control Module: No Sub Type
Information MIL/CONFIRMED

C0051-49
Steering Wheel Position Sensor: Internal Electronic Failure
MIL/CONFIRMED

C0037
Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor: Signal Compare Failure

I know you guys would probably say its my rear wheel speed sensor but when I scan the 2nd time, C0037 error was gone and yet the traction light is still ON all the time. The traction light will turn on right after ignition, while the vehicle in parking and also while I am driving. Btw, I also monitored the voltage level of my battery at full load (AC on, max fan,.. etc) and it was solid 14.8-15Volts. So, Canbus voltage level should be ok.I can try two things: Changing my rear wheel speed sensor or Changing my steering wheel clock spring but before doing that, I want to confirm first if the part is really defective.

How can I verify and test if the wheel speed sensor or steering wheel clock spring is defective?

Anyone has the similar problem? Please let me know what was the fix. Also feel free to let me know other things to check.

Thank you.

Quick Reply: Traction Light is Always ON (ABS not ON)