Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Pics of Magnaflows and tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 01:42 AM
billapex
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pics of Magnaflows and tips

ORIGINAL: MagnumFreak
Ok, it sounds better but does it perform better??
It definitely feels like it pulls harder up to redline. I'd have to imagine I picked up at least 10hp and lost 30lb.

Old 09-11-2004, 03:50 AM
magnum05

I just took my magnum r/t in and got magnflows put on it without the resonators. I am not sure what went wrong but the car feels slower and it feels like the tranny isn’t shifting right on the highway. It almost feels like it doesn’t want to kick down or maybe it is bogging. I think I am going to have to take it to the dealer if I can’t figure something out, good thing it is still under warranty. The exhaust is well bent and free flowing but I am positive the car is slower. I am wondering if when they were taking off the exhaust if they pulled off a wire on the tranny or messed up an oxygen sensor or something. Let me know if you guys have any ideas. I am a bit disappointed by all of this. The car only has 700 miles on it and I feel like I already goofed. I think I should have left the exhaust stock!

Old 09-11-2004, 04:12 PM
billapex
Professional

That's very strange! My car didn't exhibit any of those traits after the exhaust was done. There aren't any O2 sensors near the suitcase muffler, as far as I know, but if they used a sawzall, they may have nicked or cut some other wire. Definitely take it back to the dealer, but you first may want to take it back to the muffler shop so they can inspect their own work. If you take it to the dealer first, and it turns out to be the fault of the muffler shop, the dealer obviously won't warranty the repair.

Quick Reply: Pics of Magnaflows and tips