Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Factory v. Dealer Installed UConnect Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Black RT/AWD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Factory v. Dealer Installed UConnect Question

hey guys, The uconnect is cool and all but honestly I find myself using a Bluetooth earpiece much much much more. The earpiece sounds way better to the person you are talking to and also if you are going 75 on a rainy day the mirror picks up all that background noise. I like the feature for the coolness of it but honestly it is more cool than functional.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:24 AM
technoteacher

I put the factory UConnect in today. I bought the mirror, harness, and UConnect module.Installation is a snap! the harness from the mirrir snaps into a connector at the base of the driver's side windshield pillar. Next, remove the glovebox door and install the module to the kickpanel. The connector is there for the module coiled in a loop and taped to the wiring bundle descending from above the glovebox on the kickpanel. Just plug in the Uconnect module and install it to the kickpanel's two predrilled holes with steel screws. Reconnect the battery, recalibrate the steering wheel and it works!

Parts needeed:
Telematics Uconnect module part number is: 5064-013AH,-(Collision parts book)
mirror part number is:04806228AB
harness part number is:05089051AB (Chrysler 300 parts book)

priced out:5064013AH $349. , 4806228AB $128.79, 5089051AB 27.03

It costs more, but the Nav screen shows roaming, signal strength, battery level, and phone number/caller ID.
An excellent Mod!

Old 11-20-2005, 05:15 PM
BillB
Rookie

I called my dealer yesterday with these numbers and they couldn't find them. What dealer did you get yours from?
Thanks,
P.S. how do you "re-calibrate" the steering wheel?

Old 01-04-2006, 01:04 PM
sheltonlr

I found all the parts online at dodgeparts.com but dealer does not have any idea how to install. Can this mod be done by any mechanic as it looks like you need to remove a lot of interior. By the way if you search using the parts without dashes and the leading zero's it finds them at quite a discount. You will need to check the collision data base as well as parts catalog. I have the Nav system, Sirius, and this is the final add on that really should just come standard if you ask me. Why a dealer would order this car with all the steps but this one. Also, what do you do with the old wheels if you put chrome upgrades on them. Also thinking about ziebart on the bottom to really stop what little road noise comes through. Anyone done this? Thanks.

Old 10-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Rgory
Rookie

FINALLY,

I have been searching the internet for a couple of days now trying to figure out how to make this work. I have an 06 power wagon. I am going to upgrade the radio to the nav and I really want the u-connect as it is a local law that you have ot be hands free.

I am assuming that the install procedure would be the same for the facotry unit on the Power Wagon as it was for you other folks? A-pillar and behind the glove box. Any one have any feedback on how easy it was to install? Can the dealer tell what options were factory installed based on the vin number. And if so would it void the entire warranty or only the communications warranty. Any input/feedback/pictures would be great.

Thank you in advance,

Ryan

Old 09-18-2008, 09:12 PM
etchy
Default Dealer uconnect.

I just bought a 2008 dodge 3500 cummins that has the 6 disc,mp3,satellite radio w/navigation that talks and has phone diretory.i've been told that i can buy the up grade mirror that has the voice button and speaker.then the uconnect would work through the sterio speakers.i dont want or need the after market uconnect,because my system already has every thing but the mirror and wire harness.is this true and possible,or what else is needed.

Quick Reply: Factory v. Dealer Installed UConnect Question