Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Parking brake??

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007 | 09:32 AM
KamikOzzie
Default Parking brake??

After locating where the parking brake was.. being that i'm familiar with the handle version.. i press down on it with my foot but the brake light doesn't come on instead a red light with an exclamation light comes up.. am i doing something wrong here? how does this thing work??

Old 09-13-2007 | 11:39 AM
KamikOzzie
Default RE: Parking brake??

So i take it that none of you use the magnum's foot parking brake..

Old 09-13-2007 | 11:56 AM
Free_Style
Rookie

I will never use it again since it had locked up and I could not get to work.

Old 09-13-2007 | 12:03 PM
KamikOzzie

So really what is that brake good for.. i'm only concerned because of the driver's test here it's mandatory to use the damn thing..

Old 09-13-2007 | 04:16 PM
Free_Style
Rookie

It is good if you are llifting the front our your car with a jack. Good if you are on a hill, depress the parking brake then the release the brake. might extend trans life?

Old 09-13-2007 | 04:22 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

KamikOzzie,
What Model and Year Magnum do you have? I have a 2005 RT. Parking Brake says, "Brake" on my Idiot Light Cluster. Maybe the 2006 or 2007 have changed to the "Exclaimation Mark"... Parking Brake works fine. But the Self Adjuster has a mind of its own...

I know what you mean about not knowing where it is. I just rented a PT Cruiser and was like, "Where the Hell is the Parking Brake at!?!" It was right next to the shifter... I prefer the Old School "Floor' Foot Pedal for the Brake.

Old 09-13-2007 | 04:50 PM
KamikOzzie

well i have the 2007 magnum 3.5 high output.. and according to the manual it's supposed to light up on the fuel meter as BRAKE but this exclamation mark in red comes up instead grrrr

Old 09-14-2007 | 02:52 PM
KamikOzzie

Nevermind you guys i figured it out.. the manual is somewhat deceiving.. i pressed it down hard enough and it sets itself just fine.. it comes out in red with the exclamation that's it's way of telling you the parking brake has been set.. but the manually has it totally different.. arghhh

Quick Reply: Parking brake??