Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Vibration when cold.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 10:40 AM
honas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration when cold.

The weather is getting cold and my Magnum has a vibration when I first start out kind of like the tires are flat spotted untill they warm up a little. They are Continental run flats. Anyone else experience this? Ben.

Old 11-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Tedman5
Rookie
Default RE: Vibration when cold.

Yes. I think they all do that. My friend also bought an RT and his does it the same thing as does mine. We've had ours since last May and they do it all year long, all temps. I believe, but don't quote me on this, that it has something to do with the sealant in the self sealing tires. It stops in about 3-4 minutes of movement.
Don't worry about that, its nothing.

Old 11-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Jax

My Contis don't do this. Wish I could say you're not alone.

Old 11-15-2004, 12:18 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

What do you mean by cold weather? Give us a temperature so we have an accurate idea. It is common for tires to do that when it is cold, say below 35 degrees.

I have the self sealing tires also (Continentals) but here in Florida, I have no problem. Is your car garaged or does it sit outside, mine is always in the garage overnight.

Bob

Old 11-15-2004, 05:05 PM
billapex
Professional

I had that with my self-sealing tires for the first month or so that I owned my RT. I don't seem to be experiencing it any more. And FYI--I bought the car in late July, which was ~110 degrees here in Phoenix, so it maybe has to do with extreme temperatures? Very hot and very cold?

Old 11-15-2004, 05:11 PM
MyRT
Professional

Had this problem for the 1st time today. Below 32 in Charlotte and for the first mile there was flat spots on the tires. I currently have 34 lbs of air in the tires.

Old 11-16-2004, 03:56 AM
billapex
Professional

ORIGINAL: MyRT

Had this problem for the 1st time today. Below 32 in Charlotte and for the first mile there was flat spots on the tires. I currently have 34 lbs of air in the tires.
Along those lines, when I first checked my tires after about 1k miles (shame on me!), they were at 27psi. I inflated them up to the recommended 30psi, and it did get quite a lot better. MyRT, try lowering your pressure to 30psi and see what kind of effect it has, if any, and report back. That would be a good experiment. Maybe these self-sealing Contis are finicky when it comes to pressure and temperature.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:54 AM
honas

The temperature was under 30. I'll check the tire pressure. I have over 7000 miles on the Magnum. The car is garaged every night.

Quick Reply: Vibration when cold.