Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

RECALL for RT

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 07:46 PM
joeb1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RECALL for RT

I would find a new dealer.

I have been dealing with Bell Dodge, now Lou Grubb Dodge, in Phoenix, AZ, for over 10 years. They take very good care of my vehicles. They make sure I get notified when there is a recall and they have the parts. No long waits.

Excellent service department. They explain everything they do and things I should do. Almost feel like one of the family.
Really a GREAT dealer.

Joe B
Inferno Red Magnum RT

ORIGINAL: MagnumRT

I just got off the phone with my local Dodge service department, they had sent me a postcard regarding 2 recalls for my Magnum RT, they are D50 & D51.

D50 is about the Radiator Isolator Brackets (2)

D51 is about the Anti-Freeze Concentration Level

My service guy says "we don't know anything about a recall notice" for my Magnum. I tell him, well - you guys sent me a postcard about the recall. Service guy asks, is it a 2004? No I say, it is a 2005.

I tell him I am supposed to ask for an appointment and to bring in my car.

He says, well bring it in on Monday morning and drop it off. He adds, "well, I don't know what the recall is for or if we have to order any parts".

This is why I hate to bring in my car for service to ANY dealer!

Sorry DodgeMech, but this kind of service does nothing to boost my trust with dealer service.

Oh well,

Bob

Old 12-04-2004, 10:03 PM
sikpuppy
Professional

My SXT was one of the firstborn at Brampton, 05/04, and WAS part of the recall on the antifreeze mixture. Already had that done and will be getting the brackets replaced on Monday.

Old 12-05-2004, 05:01 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: joeb1

I would find a new dealer.

I have been dealing with Bell Dodge, now Lou Grubb Dodge, in Phoenix, AZ, for over 10 years. They take very good care of my vehicles. They make sure I get notified when there is a recall and they have the parts. No long waits.

Bob
This would be the first time I have heard of a dealer notifying a customer of a recall. Do they actually call you? Any mailings you get either come automated from DCX or automated from the dealer, half the time they don't even know a mailing went out until you call or show up with it. Be a little nicer to the dealers, there are plenty of bad ones out there but we have no control over what DCX does or when DCX decides to release parts to us. Just because you get a mailing does not mean that DCX has started shipping parts yet. Ask your fellow Magnum owners how long they had to wait for dealer installed Nav systems after DCX promised delivery immead after the launch.

Old 12-05-2004, 12:23 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

Sorry DodgeMech, but my postcard came from the dealer, it had his return address on it, plus it was postmarked from our town. So the dealer had to have sent it, not DCX.

I think the mechanics do a good job, it is the service advisors that need to go. I would rather talk to a mechanic than an in between guy who often knows little about the cars they are selling.

Is it a 2004? Come on, they didn't make a Magnum in 2004!

BTW, I am now using 5W20 oil, you talked me out of using 10W30.

I wish you were in my town,

Bob

Old 12-05-2004, 08:33 PM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DCX and the dealership are linked. DCX sends the info via our secure connection and the dealerships automated postcard system goes into action. I'm telling you, we get customers in all the time with those silly cards asking about getting a recall done that we didn't even know had been launched yet. Good job DCX keeping your techs involved.

Thanks for the kind words Bob, I know of a lot of very good techs. They are out there, just gotta find them. Find out how your local techs are paid, for warranty work find hourly shops. When you are paying out of pocket, flat rate guys are almost always faster. Most of the time it doesn't really make much difference because the dealer has a set price anyways, but on driveabuility and electrical you are better off with somebody who has a reason to be fast.

Do we have a thread hijack smiley, I'm getting pretty good at it and would at least like to let the thread author know I took it over.

Old 12-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Black RT
Professional

My Black magnum RT was built Oct 4. I ran recall report and I did not have any at this time.
Buddy in KY

Old 12-07-2004, 03:23 AM
Bobs05RT
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Black RT

My Black magnum RT was built Oct 4. I ran recall report and I did not have any at this time.
Buddy in KY
Hey my car was also built on 10/04!

Old 12-08-2004, 03:31 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

Good thing I called before I brought my Magnum RT in for the recall, dealer had NO parts in stock to fix it. Inventory showed 2 kits, but they had none.

They had Parts order me the repair parts, which came in 2 days later, now I have to wait until Monday to bring in my RT for the recall fix.

At least they have the parts - if they don't give them to someone else.

Bob

Old 12-08-2004, 09:53 PM
BrightSilver

How can I tell when my car was built? Is it written on the car or on some paperwork. I may not have recieved the warrantee registration info and so on from the company yet. The ink is barely dry on the contract.

Also, I have been affected by the <edit> recall of the </edit> Radiator isolation mounts. The link to check the recalls was fantastic.

Happy Holidays,

BrightSilver

Old 12-08-2004, 10:53 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Sometimes they will put the "born on" date on the sticker that's on the doorjab, usually the drivers side........

Quick Reply: RECALL for RT