Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Magnum SRT8 Photos

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005 | 01:06 PM
MagnumClub
Old 01-05-2005 | 01:50 PM
via500
Professional
Default RE: Magnum SRT8 Photos

I'm afraid I'm unimpressed, body-wise of course. The Viper engine is always a sight to see.
So the Sedan gets a kick-up in the flank, a hood/grille profile that looks like an old Bonneville and a deck that's like an old 300C.
And the wagon? A grille and front bumper and???
If it were up to me I'd put a SuperBird/Daytona style spoiler on both - but that's just me.

Old 01-05-2005 | 02:01 PM
Inferno Magnum
Rookie

The Charger’s back end is lame. Could have (should have) done something more unique. Driving behind one you’d probably think you were following an older 300C.
The Magnum SRT8 should really have more defining details to make it stand out and say “Hey, I’m an SRT8!â€.
Where did these pictures come from?

Old 01-05-2005 | 02:09 PM
via500
Professional

Don't know where the pictures came from but they should go back for another go.

Old 01-05-2005 | 05:29 PM
MagnumClub

Pulled them from Autoweek's coverage of the Auto Show season. LA starts Friday and Detroit the following week.
http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_detroit/

www.magnumownersclub.com

Old 01-05-2005 | 10:29 PM
Hemi RT
Professional

Yea, this SRT 8 is not what it should be. Looks like someone bought an SXT or SE and put a body kit on it...that's all. For this trim line they should have ATLEAST used the Concept headlights. THAT alone would have made it stand out from the rest and really say "Hey I'm an SRT 8...for real...remeber be at the auto show in 2003?"

The interior sounds nice. Leather seats with Suade inserts and red contrast stitching. That should be nice but the outside really doresn't say "Look Out you mother" The back would have been nice with Tinted tail lights.

Old 01-07-2005 | 03:04 PM
Inferno Magnum
Rookie

Video

Old 01-07-2005 | 06:23 PM
ramification

For some reason I can picture some of the SXT owners putting badges on saying SRT. It looks so much like the SXT it isnt funny. I am also wondering how much of the SRT performance items can cross fit onto the RT. ie.. The larger anti-roll bar, Header pipes, The exhaust, and cams.

Old 01-08-2005 | 12:47 AM
VegasHemi
Professional

Although the Charger at first was a bit of a disappointment to me, I've got to be honest, it is growing on me. I'll be looking into it when they begin hitting the dealers lots. My other vehicle is a Ford Lightning so I dig the extra ponies under the hood! YUM!

Old 01-08-2005 | 01:40 AM
Hemi RT
Professional

meant to post this here not in the Charger thread...

Why does chrysler do weird weird stuff? Anyone with an SXT can just get a bodykit and put an SRT badge on. The point of having a performance car is to stand out stading still too!!! I want people to say "DUDE! check it out an SRT 8....That's BAD man!" not "Is that a......or ......what is that An SRT 8 or an SXT?" "Beats me but that for sure is an RT" That SRT should SCREAM to the oter cars "look we know what I am so just move over ok...I don't have time for you to TRY an race me"

Anyone agree?

Quick Reply: Magnum SRT8 Photos