Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

First mods done!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 04:53 PM
TxRide
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First mods done!

right! seat heaters are great. i live in houston, but when temp is below 60 (recently quite often) its a great pleasure to have a warm bottom.[sm=smiley31.gif]
apology for the error in previous post - it wasn't air-box but filter with "air dam" fitting into bottom part of original setup.[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-03-2005, 11:56 AM
BillB
Rookie

ORIGINAL: MikeyB

The auto headlights is a no brainer. It's standard on the Chrysler 300C but not on the Magnum. The little round cap on in the middle of the dash near the windshield is the electronic eye for the auto headlight (only on Magnums with the dual climate control). The new headlight switch has a 'A' on it for auto mode. Only $28.32 from http://www.moparsupercenter.com/

Removing the air intake silencer gives a little bit more of a throaty sound to the V8.

Oh yes, heated seats are a godsend on a diesel.

MikeyB
I looked on that site for the switch. Do you have a part number?
Thanks.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:04 PM
MikeyB
Professional

Bill,
The P/N for the auto headlight switch is 4602348AD.

MikeyB

Old 02-03-2005, 12:34 PM
BillB
Rookie

Thanks.

Old 02-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Inferno Magnum
Rookie

Finally got the auto headlight switch installed. Works great!

Interesting side note: I don’t know if anyone else has messed with the headlight delay settings, in other words; the setting to change how long your lights stay on after you exit the car. I believe the settings are 10 sec, 30 sec, 60 sec, 5 min, 10 min, or something to that effect. Anyway, the time delay never seemed to change whatever setting we had it on. The headlights always seemed to stay on for about 10 minutes after exiting. With the new switch, these settings actually work.

Don’t know if that was a unique problem to us, or if everyone with the original switch had/has the same problem.

Old 02-13-2005, 03:44 PM
TxRide
Rookie

I have 'regular' switch and never had any problems with headlights delay. I find it strange too, that switch would affect something you set through the onboard comp. Maybe you've just reset it installing new part and cutting briefly power? Did you disconnect battery or pulled a fuse?
On the other hand; it works now, so
greg

Old 02-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Grand Patron
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Inferno Magnum

Finally got the auto headlight switch installed. Works great!

Interesting side note: I don’t know if anyone else has messed with the headlight delay settings, in other words; the setting to change how long your lights stay on after you exit the car. I believe the settings are 10 sec, 30 sec, 60 sec, 5 min, 10 min, or something to that effect. Anyway, the time delay never seemed to change whatever setting we had it on. The headlights always seemed to stay on for about 10 minutes after exiting. With the new switch, these settings actually work.

Don’t know if that was a unique problem to us, or if everyone with the original switch had/has the same problem.
This sounds like you left your old switch in the "on" position.
The "battery saver" feature will turn your headlights off, if they are left on, in about 5 or 10 minutes.
The delay works when you turn your lights off manually.

Just a thought.

Old 02-13-2005, 05:02 PM
TxRide
Rookie

you may be right Grand,
Inferno, did you noticed whether ALL the light were on, or just headlights?
greg

Old 02-13-2005, 08:59 PM
still443

I'm in south Georgia and I've got the heated seats because...... Well, because they were on the car when I bought it. Our trip to Charleston, SC two weeks ago resulted in us using the heated seats as well as the heated mirrors because it was sleeting, and 25 degrees and the mirrors iced up. Don't need that stuff very often, but it's nice to have when you need it. The UConnect is coming in handy. Bought a Bluetooth enabled phone and it works well. The one thing I wish had not come on my car is that silly sunroof. $950 for something I will never use. Believe me, if it wasn't on the car, I sure wouldn't have ordered one with it. I'll never understand what people like about them, but that's just me.

Old 02-14-2005, 02:19 PM
Inferno Magnum
Rookie

Didn’t disconnect the battery or pull a fuse. The car did start a warning tone for a few seconds when I plugged the new switch in; similar to when you leave your keys in the ignition.
If I turn my headlights off manually, they turn off, right away.

I don’t know if all the lights stay on or not. Never really noticed, but it seems that maybe only the headlights..?
The only difference I’ve noticed is leaving the headlights on and exiting the vehicle.

I had the delay set for the minimum time, which I believe is 10 sec (this was maybe a week into owning the car). I set it at the minimum because they seem to stay on soooooo long after leaving the car. My wife usually just turned them off. Didn’t matter if it was set at the min or max, they stayed on about the same amount of time. When changing the switch, I left the headlights on, like I usually do, and they turned off soon after leaving the car.

I haven’t looked at the delay setting since putting in the new switch, so I’m not sure what I left it at. I need to mess with it more, see if it’s really working the way I think it is. What I do know is that they don’t stay on like they used to.

Quick Reply: First mods done!