Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Popping Windshield & Squeaking Sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 12:57 PM
apollo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Popping Windshield & Squeaking Sunroof

OK, just came back from a dealer. There is a TSB on the windshield popping sound. My dealer never heard about it and was reluctant to run a TSB check, but I was persistent and he had to apologise. TSB state that "customer hears a pop sound on the right side on the windshield, as if a stone just hit it". They have to remove and/or replace a fastener in the passenger front A-pilar.

Hope this solves the misteries.

Old 04-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Pentagon Magnum
Rookie

Hopefully that will fix the problem...I've got a laundry list of things that need to be checked out on my next oil change (the windshield of course was going to be one of them). Hopefully that will keep the time in shop down to a minimum. Thanks for the info, Apollo!
As for the laundry list-- Feathering on front tires outside edges, intermittent wipers become non-intermittent after turning the left turn signal on, popping windshield, and finally rattling sunroof...none of these things deter my LOVE for this car, though! My wife hasn't lost her love for the car either, so now we're looking for a 300C for her.

Old 04-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Bobs05RT
Rookie

For the popping sound, a bolt is removed from inside the car on the right side just under the windshield. It's under the defroster grill.

Old 04-05-2005, 02:35 AM
MY HEMI
Rookie

Ok but does anyone know if it works or stops this terrible noise??? And did anyone have it doen yet?

Old 04-05-2005, 03:53 AM
apollo

Yes I had it done (that is how I know there is a TSB). I could replicate that condition without fail every time (before dealer visit). Now I can't. It is cured. I could cause body twist by going over speed bumps that allow for one wheel to pass it and another one would go over it. Do it while you are turning at about 5MPH and pop here she went. But I have tried after the repair several times and car did not even squeek.
Now, we just need a connection at the dealership for someone to pull TSBs on regualr basis.

I have also a Ford Taurus. I go to their plant union website for my fix of TSBs (and hell, Vulcan engines out of Atlanta have their share). Those guys always pull me the latest info from the Oasis system. I like that "stump the dealer" game. They give you respect when they see that you know what is up. Buy a part or two, be regular visitor for maintenance. Out of the sudden they know your name and your car miraculously gets TSBs done without you bitchin. Oh and oil change no longer takes you an hour.

Old 04-11-2005, 09:35 PM
clint21

i have a 05 chrysler 300 touring- i get the same pop noise, is loud, anyone besides apollo able to verify apollo's statement regarding the fix- i looked on naftsa and no tsb is on their regarding the noise.

Old 04-11-2005, 09:47 PM
apollo

Dude, just call the dealer and ask if there is a TSB for the 300. Don't be afraid to pick up the phone and call :-)

Old 04-12-2005, 10:55 PM
clint21

i called birmingham chrysler in troy (dealership i purchased my 300 touring) i have the window pop- they called me and stated the rough sounding noise that has a tendency to be very loud, that sounds like it's a stone hitting the windshield) is actually a problem with the headliner- two metal bolts are loose and need to be tightened (stated- 20 minute fix)... thought this might help- they arleady fixed one.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:29 PM
xdreamteam420

I have around 9k miles and I also get the pop. Has anyone talked to a dealer to find out what this problem is.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:01 AM
done
Rookie

This is the TSB number 2301805 that is the fix for the "pop". It involve removing a screw according to those who have had it done.

Quick Reply: Popping Windshield & Squeaking Sunroof