Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Question re tow package

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Hoefi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question re tow package

Hooked up my trailer today and drove around. The back end didn't pump up. Does the tow pack come with self-leveling shocks, I thought it does.

How can I confirm the tow pack on the VIN number?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Old 03-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Black RT
Professional
Default RE: Question re tow package

If ( tow package) was ordered from factory when magnum was built It should have the self-leveling shocks, cooler,trailer light wiring harness,tow hitch. I had dealer installed tow hitch and wiring harness for trailer lights on my Magnim RT.Some one on this forum said those self-leveling shocks cost several hundred dollars each.

Buddy in KY

Old 03-13-2005, 01:57 AM
stboden
Rookie

The owners manual states, the vehicle will level itself over the first couple of miles of driving. You would not even notice it leveling itself. I have the tow package also, just need to get the hitch. I still can't believe it didn't come with the package.

Old 03-13-2005, 03:48 AM
Bobs05RT
Rookie

The factory tow package only includes the self leveling shocks and a heavy duty cooling system. That's it. The hitch, wiring are to be bought from the dealer and then installed to be able to tow.

ORIGINAL: Black RT

If ( tow package) was ordered from factory when magnum was built It should have the self-leveling shocks, cooler,trailer light wiring harness,tow hitch. I had dealer installed tow hitch and wiring harness for trailer lights on my Magnim RT.Some one on this forum said those self-leveling shocks cost several hundred dollars each.

Buddy in KY

Old 03-13-2005, 06:54 PM
obiwan

I have the self leveling shocks and lowered my mag. I had an offer to trade straight across until I found out the self leveling shocks cost $270 each and the non-levelings run $80.

Old 03-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Hoefi

It was a factory ordered with tow pack. It did not come with wiring harness (all my previous Caravans did when I order the tow pack). On the Caravans, after driving a few miles, the rear would come back up to slightly higher than level (the chassis has a noticable rake to it even without the equalizer bars). With the Magnum now, the whole chassis slopes backward (tested the car again today with the equalizer bars and it's still running low). I wonder if it's possible that they forgot to install them on the assembly line? Are there any ways to identify these shocks compare to the regular ones?

Joe

Old 03-15-2005, 07:39 PM
DB Cooper

If you remove a rear wheel, you'll see a sticker with "Sachs". They manufacture the self-leveling shocks. Also, the rear springs are a little different. Mine has an "AWD" sticker on it. My RT is RWD only.

Old 03-18-2005, 06:09 PM
strippedhemi
Veteran

Mine dont have the air shocks, has factory reciever hitch. I tow my small car trailer with it as is with no problem.

Quick Reply: Question re tow package