Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Somebody asking about programming tire size???

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005 | 12:53 PM
dodgemech
|
All Star
Default Somebody asking about programming tire size???

Somebody on the board was asking about reprogramming tire size/type to raise the speed limiter. I forgot who it was, send me a PM.

Old 03-22-2005 | 01:16 PM
obiwan
Default RE: Somebody asking about programming tire size???

I had not asked the question but, I do need the answer since the tires I chose cause a speedo reading of 3.1% fast. 58 mph reads 60.

Old 03-22-2005 | 01:23 PM
jy211
Professional

I'd like to know too...I will be shortly getting my wheels and I am sure it will change....

Old 03-22-2005 | 06:52 PM
farhawk
Rookie

ORIGINAL: dodgemech

Somebody on the board was asking about reprogramming tire size/type to raise the speed limiter. I forgot who it was, send me a PM.
Come on Denny can you or can't you (-:

Old 03-23-2005 | 03:05 AM
dodgemech
|
All Star

OK, here it is. Once in the Starscan you go into central gateway and then other options. Once there you can reprogram tire sizes. You are limited to the OE size choices HOWEVER, they differentiate between speed rated tires and non-rated tires so I would ASSume (as it has been in the past) if you select the speed rated tires that the top speed limiter would be lifted. I do not make any guarantees but if I were buying tires I would look at some "W" or "Z" or even "Y" rated tires and get the dealer to select the appropriate setting. It's worth a shot for those looking to push the envelope on the LX platform.

Old 03-23-2005 | 03:23 AM
MattRobertson
Professional

Dodgemech,

Can you tell us what the OEM tire sizes are? I have 18x8 wheels (vs. the stock 18x7.5) and have talked to my dealer's service manager. He says he can work with me on the sizes. I am *planning* on using 245x55x18 BF KDWS

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....rce+T%2FA+KDWS

or possibly in a 235 width the Pirelli Scorpion Zero in 235/60/18

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=Scorpion+Zero

The BFG's are V rated ( ) and the identical diameter, so I was planning on asking him to adjust the speed rating in the system and see if he goes for it. The pirellis would require reprogramming.

Part of the issue is whether BF is discontinuing the 245 tire size, so I need a fallback.

Old 03-23-2005 | 06:51 PM
chefboyrlee
Professional

so when my service guy adjusted my computer for the appropriate tire size (stock r/t contis) to my 22s with 265/35/22 they essentially did nothing to recalibrate for the change in overall diameter. that is of course if the R/T comes with the largest OEM tire size.
As a matter of fact, they did this twice. i took her in to put my stocks on for the winter. good thing they didnt charge me...does this mean i dont have to make a trip back down to the dealer when i put the 22s back on?

Old 03-23-2005 | 07:21 PM
maneval69

Chefboyrlee,
I'm confused, what did they adjust on your computer for the tires? I know of nothing other than the diameter that could be adjusted.

Please explain
Thanks

Old 03-23-2005 | 08:22 PM
MattRobertson
Professional

To clarify what I asked dodgemech above, I assumed from his original comments that he meant that the computer only has tire sizes in there that would fit on a stock 18x7.5 wheel. Not every size possible. I'm not clear on what he means by 'OE size choices'.

Old 03-24-2005 | 12:05 AM
obiwan

I think he meant the only choice in the computer was OEM sizes which, if they will plug in 215/65-17 which came on the SE version, that is within 1% for my 245/40-20 BFG's.

Quick Reply: Somebody asking about programming tire size???