Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

05 Hemi Dyno Results

Old 03-28-2005, 04:53 PM
magnumfly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hey 365magnum....

You see SXT's because they make more sense ... for the of the RT, I'd get the Audi A4 3.2 Wagon. Spending 35k for a wagon with speed when you can get an European engineered car with better lines and technology ... best bang for $$$ is the SXT.

Old 03-28-2005, 04:57 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Default RE: 05 Hemi Dyno Results

At first I thought that what he meant too about "straight piped", removing everything. In my days what he did is called a by-pass pipe. I saw the cats in his followup post with the pics. Are we having fun yet! hahahaha

Old 03-28-2005, 05:00 PM
magnumfly

BTW ... that commercal had the RT.

Old 03-28-2005, 05:04 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

I was looking at the looks. Now days looks is more important than speed. I think that I would have bought the Magnum even with 3 squirls in a cage as an engine. hahaha The reason I didnt go with the SE is that 1) they didnt have any and 2) I test drove a rental and wasnt impressed at the performance. I like to have the power if i need it and the SE was just too sluggish for a 3800# car.

Old 03-28-2005, 05:08 PM
chefboyrlee
Professional

i can see the reasoning in buying either car. the sxt in itself is much more economical. personally i am an HP junky, and this shows in my driving as well, cuz my average mpg is more in the range of 14mpg lol. with the sxt u get a great HO v6 + u get the great looks of the mag . i don't knock anyone who didn't opt for the HEMI. different strokes for different folks. as for the straight piping, back before they had all the sensors and tree humpers (jk), i used to mess around with em (high school days). now i'm more mature and i do care about that thing we breathe, and would never do it again. especially because of todays new high flow cats.

Old 03-28-2005, 05:13 PM
05blackhemi

I never said I cut out the cats, look at the picture again and you will see that they are still there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...haust_mod2.gif

My 03 vette is my real performance car, don't get the hemi analogy about the grandmother,

But buying an SXT Magnum without a hemi under the hood is like taking a a hot steamy dump in a new pair of boots,.....just doesn't make sense.

ORIGINAL: magnumfly

Cutting out the cats of your car sounds insane? If your willing to do that, why not get a real performance car instead of wagon? Anyways, the Hemi engine in the wagon is like a grandma wearing tight jeans ...

Old 03-28-2005, 05:19 PM
magnumfly

I've seen that 'fake' picture in other forums.

Buying a wagon for it's speed is sad, it's a great car for travel and toting kids ... if I want real speed and performance I'd buy an Audi wagon ...

Old 03-28-2005, 05:22 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

It's all about $$$. I don't care about 0-60, esp in traffic here. Im not going to redlight race just to prove that my car is a hotrod. Don't get me wrong, I used to be HP junkie too (68 Camero 427 Blown 5 mpg too haha). Noone here can say that the Magnum is an ugly car. Hell that's the reason I bought it. Its a damn good looking car!. Thats what is great about the Magnum, it satisfies the Hotrodders and the practicality of a family hauler.

Old 03-28-2005, 05:23 PM
05blackhemi

What fake picture?

I drew it after I removed the 20lb tumor under the car, Im the originator of the drawing.

Nothing fake.

Audi?.......buy American bud, audi is too cramped - and slower, nice try though

Old 03-28-2005, 05:23 PM
chefboyrlee
Professional

how can u say that about a 4 door wagon? that's like saying y get a benz E 330, and not a E 500, or better yet an E 55? it's a 4 door sedan, the option is there to get the 4 door race car. the answer are simple, budgets, necessity, and preferences. if my girlfriend, who could care less about what hp or engine a car has, wanted an E class based on the looks drivability and it suits her needs, i would no way convince her to shell out the extra bux and get anything more than an E 330 unless i got to drive it a lot . maybe $$$ isn't an issue with you, but it is to some. how can u not understand this? some ppl can't afford a vette + top of the line mag. obviously with the price you paid, u didnt get it fully loaded. y didn't u?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05 Hemi Dyno Results