Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Radio is weak

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005 | 01:50 PM
Free_Style
|
Rookie
Default Radio is weak

Who else thinks the boston radio weak. I needs anther 200watts.

Old 04-26-2005 | 02:55 PM
via500
Professional
Default RE: Radio is weak

I made this point on another thread and some guy said my opinion was disrespectful about this fine radio or something as equally stupid.
Yes I certainly agree with you it's mediocre. I feel for the price it could/should have been much better. But on top of that I bought a Magnum with EVERYTHING - I even had the dealer install the lighted door sills, remote start, trailer hitch and park sense. If a more expensive and better sounding radio was available, do these guys think I wouldn't have bought it???????????????????????
For the record with the windows open I can comfortably listen to Chaka Khan at 38 so 200watts more would do just fine. However what really irks me more is the 3 channel equalizer. 3 channels is just plain lame. There is no way to get all the music I listen to "right". I'm obviously used to a decent equalizer which I had in my old Mercedes - 12 channels and computerized presets plus sub channel. I'd rip out the BA but the NAV system and Sirius is in there too.

Old 04-26-2005 | 04:56 PM
illy
Professional

ORIGINAL: via500
For the record with the windows open I can comfortably listen to Chaka Khan at 38 so 200watts more would do just fine.
Ahh, I think I found your problem, bad 80's R&B...

Just kidding, but yeah man, rip the thing out and get a new stereo, sound like you are into only the best and factory stereos never are.

Old 04-27-2005 | 08:48 PM
Cal Jeff

I agree the performance of the factory radio is weak at best. It does a lot of fun things but lacks a good punch. If I have the sunroof open and the windows down even full volume is not enouch. Any idea about aftermarket amps?

Old 04-27-2005 | 10:22 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Free Style,
I am feeling the pain, but not as much as some... I wish the Magnum had the Infinity System that my Old Caravan had. The Infinity System was better than the Boston Acoustics. No doubt. I was jazzed at first, as early last year the Magnum was advertised with a Bose Stereo System, but that soon changed to Boston Acoustics. Bummer. I think that we are all totally different, and require totally different listening tastes. OK, for instance, I cannot turn up my RT's Radio past 25, before it is too loud and distorted. Maybe some people can't hear as well as others, requiring a louder system. ??? I don't know... But for Dodge's defense, can you hear your radio at the Law Enforcement Agencies maximum footage? If so, Dodge has a legal responsibility to install a Stereo System that would not exceed these limits. Just like they stop me from going 145 MPH, seems they stop me from going deaf too... What?

Old 04-28-2005 | 01:30 PM
Free_Style
|
Rookie

My 97 tahoe was much louder and sounded much better. I also had Monsoon system in my passat that was pretty good. i DONLT WANT TO RIP THE DOORS APART ON THIS CAR.

Old 04-28-2005 | 03:38 PM
Klute
Professional

That's why I always get the stock radio. Almost every 'branded' system the mfg sells is not worth the money. I prefer to pick out my own components, get a better system and possibly save some money...

When I price out a car, I usually only upgrade with options that are difficult to change afterwards...like the Power Sunroof, I would put the extra $ there rather than get the BA speaker system.

Old 04-28-2005 | 07:15 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

SO! You are the guys next to me on the road with the LOUD radios!

LOL, just kidding...................................

The stock radio does just fine by me, but then, I seldom turn it on.

I would rather listen to my cold air intake system and my Flowmasters.

Silence is golden....................

Bob, just an old fart

Old 04-28-2005 | 08:43 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Magnum RT,

SO! You are the guy next to me with that earth rumbling Intake and Exhaust!

[sm=happy046.gif]

Old 04-29-2005 | 01:18 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Taking the door skins off is a pretty simple operation. 3 or 4 screw (i forget) then push the center of the plastic thingys (real technical term) with the key point in just enough to disengage the lock barbs. I tried a screw driver and the whole center went in. Lil lift on the weather barrier and stuck it back down.

Quick Reply: Radio is weak