Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

First trip to the dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 08:18 PM
MY HEMI
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First trip to the dealer...

Well i couldnt take the popping sound in the windsheild so i made an appointment at my local dealer around the corner from my house I didnt but my car there but they where great...friendly,helpful,answered ever question that i could ask..The best part NO MORE NOISE....As i was leaving this mechanic started to run behind my car so i stopped thinking he forgot something,rolled my window down and said could i help you ,He said that he wanted to know where i got the exhaust....He was great introduced himself said he was the one that worked on my car...he loved they way it sounded..I thought that was great here it is this mechanic works on these cars all day and he went out of his way to introduce himself ,said how nice my car was...What a dealership.to bad they didnt have the one i was looking for when i bought it i would have gone there defentily...Also which i thought was great he asked if i was going to be bringing the car in for its first oil change i now have 2200 miles i said i didnt know ,He said make sure you use 5w20..Right there i said you will be seeing me again...I guess its not all the time you find a good dealership and friendly like that..I was very happy, with there service...car was clean ,no marks,no fingerprints...there getting my business again...Sorry for the long post just excited that the noise was gone and my car came back in one piece....

Old 05-18-2005, 10:28 PM
MikeEast
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: First trip to the dealer...

I sure wish I had a dealer that employed guys like that - the dodge dealer in town here apparently dredges from the shallow end of the gene pool.

Mike

Old 05-18-2005, 10:38 PM
MY HEMI
Rookie

Yeah i thought that was pretty cool to meet a guy working for dodge excited about working on a magnum that he probably works on all of the time.....That says alot about him....I will take my car there for things i need down and ask for him to service it if they do that Im not sure but its worth a try....

Old 05-19-2005, 01:36 AM
Free_Style
Rookie

There is no need for 5w20. As long as it has the new standards meet.

Old 05-19-2005, 02:08 AM
dodgemech
All Star

ORIGINAL: Free_Style

There is no need for 5w20. As long as it has the new standards meet.
wrong, I don't know where you heard that but it is dead wrong.

Old 05-19-2005, 02:37 AM
MY HEMI
Rookie

I thought we were suposed to use 5w 20 it says it right on our oil fill cap.....Thats what im using...And why would the mechanic tell me to use that oil im sure he knows what he's talking about......

Old 05-19-2005, 04:52 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Thats for the 5.7L right Dodgemech, If I remember right the 3.5L is 5w30. I always have to look at the filler cap. Lousy memory hahaah

Old 05-19-2005, 11:59 AM
dodgemech
All Star

Here is the list as of today, anything NOT listed on this list uses 5/10W-30 (not real important).

Model 05'-06' only, the only engines that get 5W-20 going backwards are the 5.7.
2.0L SOHC 5W-20
2.7L 5W-20 or 5W-30 Check Oil Cap for proper usage
3.3L 5W-20
3.8L 5W-20
5.7L 5W-20
POLICY:
Information Only.

Old 05-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Free_Style
Rookie

I you use a high quality oil it is fine to use 5w30. The mds still works. Just don't use any additives.

Old 05-19-2005, 06:01 PM
FlatEric
Veteran

Yes, I'll ignore the markings on the engine telling me to use 5-20, and I'll throw the owners manual away, who needs it anyway, and I'll ignore the experienced mech, what does he know....

Not.

Quick Reply: First trip to the dealer...