Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

???for those w/rk hood

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 11:52 PM
65standard
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ???for those w/rk hood

what air intake system are you guys with the rksport viper hood using?

the 360 air intakez looks like the best design for this hood. with the lower holes in the box closed and a foam seal glued to the hood, i should have a closed ram-air system. i want to buy the 360 air intakez unless someone thinks there's a better one for a closed system.

Old 07-04-2005, 01:02 PM
MagnumRT
Captain
Default RE: ???for those w/rk hood

Are you sure that you want an RK hood? I like the look of the hood also, but I hear that the quality is not there.

I was tempted to get one in the group buy, but glad I didn't.

Right now the shaker hood looks the best, but at $1,000 it is pricey.

Still waiting for something better to come out,

Bob

Old 07-04-2005, 01:24 PM
65standard
All Star

too late, i already have the rk hood. i am letting the hood cure for months so i don't have shrinking or warping problems after it's painted. i also filled the louvers to give me that smooth look i want.

if i had to do it over, i would buy the shaker hood. $1000 is a lot less than you would have in the rk hood.

rk hood $800 + shipping $160 + body/paint work $1325 + air intake system $200 == $2485

Old 07-04-2005, 05:22 PM
magrt

i used the airaid it seems to work real well and seals good. another idea for the hood , i cut the cheesey grate out and smothed the lower edge of the opening down and body worked it to flow into the hole. looks real clean and it dont have the expaned metal look. then we blacked the inside of the hole so we didnt have to run the stripes into it.

Quick Reply: ???for those w/rk hood