Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Noisy door handle

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Magman3
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noisy door handle

I just noticed today that my door handle is a bit noisy on the drivers door. All of the others are quiet as could be, but the drivers door has a bit of a "creak." From what I can tell its all plastic, so there isn't anything I can see to "grease" her up. Anyone else notice this on their Mags. I'm starting to feel like I may have got a lemon. First the exhaust springs go out causing damage to the cam, there's a leak causing moisture in my cabin, my rotors have a bad spot or something because she squeaks a little, and now this (by the way I only have 3k miles on her.

Old 07-12-2005, 03:27 PM
smokey0810
Default RE: Noisy door handle

In my paperwork for my R/T, it came with a pamphlet regarding "lemons" and buyer's rights. You might want to see if your car has the same, and see what can be done, especially with 3K on it.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:27 AM
Magman3
Professional
Default RE: Noisy door handle

I went out on the web to see what my options were for the "lemon" option. Right now I'm stuck getting service done of the Mag. It looks like you have to have multiple occasions of the same problem, along with damage that is significant to enough to cause injury. My handle doesn't squeek anymore. I put a little lube on her, back to new. I pulled my wheels off to check my rotors and breaks, no issues. The only thing that's troubling me right now is the moisture buildup in the cabin. Came out today after hard rain, all windows were completely fogged up. Looked like someone was making out in the Mag. I ran the defrost, took it all away. I'll take her in eventually to have it checked, I just know that leaks are very hard to find, unless its something obvious. It may be something I have to deal with, but I hope not. Smokey I appreciate the idea of the lemon law, I've never really researched it before today.

Quick Reply: Noisy door handle