Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD indash Finally FINISHED!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 12:39 AM
MARKR54
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD indash UPDATED PICS!

HEY I WENT WITH A KENWOOD DVD HEAD UNIT TOO - COULDN'T BE HAPPIER.... ENJOY IT!

Old 08-26-2005, 01:04 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

So far so good, only complaint is that it does wayyyyyyy too much. I just wanted a radio, cd and DVD player that does mp3/wma. I dont need the 2 extra video ports, done even own a game console. The backup cam I might play with. Says the NAV input is RGB, might be able to hook up a computer. Get one of them lil pocket computers running WIN CE and attach a mini keyboard. Just to be different haah.

Old 08-26-2005, 01:28 AM
Magman3
Professional

What are those two little blue looking things above each side of the radio? What did you pay for that Kenwood unit?

Old 08-27-2005, 06:43 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Magman3

What are those two little blue looking things above each side of the radio? What did you pay for that Kenwood unit?
They are blue LEDs from a car alarm, also have one on dash where the headlight sensor would be for the automatic headlights. Paid $1299 for the headunit. Too bad the rest of the install only cost about $1000

Lets see:
DVD player $1300
Dash speakers $80
Door speakers $100
Rear speakers $120
Amp and sub package $350
rear speaker amp $100
RCA, power, speaker cables $80
MDF, plexiglass, carpet, brackets $90
LED bar $60
Fans $20

Total $2300 + 161 tax=$2461

Old 08-27-2005, 04:13 PM
grinner
All Star

very nice, man.

Old 08-27-2005, 05:28 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Hey GRINNER you are alive haha. Seen your Kenwood and knew I wanted a DVD screen in the dash. Man you are nothing but trouble haha. Was satified with the Sony setup I had originally started with. Then needed subs, not because of you Video hahaha. Eventually to finish it off I am going to get a 10 or 12" screen that I can mount in the rear. Going to make an inverted V with sides and open back so that it mounts flush with the rear seats angle then mount the screen from the rear . Then lexan in a window and carpet it so that it looks like the amp rack. This will be for show, when the g/f, kids and I go on a road trip I can remove the screen from the box and mount it behind the seats. Too bad the world revolves around $$$.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:25 PM
grinner
All Star

Sounds like a plan, man.
I'm gon the other way. Gonna ditch the 12" sub and go with two 10" in the cubbies with the same amps. I'll tuck them under the cargo lid and get all my space back. I'm luggin camera gear and stuff around and it's just a pain being limited so. I did buy this car as daily driver and one of the things that attracted me to it was all that space back there when the back seats are frolded down. Then one of the first things I did was make it not as functional. Shame on me. Listen, I beg you, If I ever start to shave all my door handles, reel me in, man.
Speaking of, I otta get er back Tuesday. Been in tha shop since last monday gettin the lift gate all shaved and ditchin the sirius antenna.
Ran into some snags shaving that. The metal on the roof is just too dang thin to withstand the heat of a torch without warping.
It'll turn out all nice though. I'm in good hands.
I'll post pics (hopefully tuesday evening)

Old 08-27-2005, 11:19 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

I thought about the cubby hole thing too, but it is above my skills, well until I learn to fiberglass. I already know the steps it just getting the nerve, time and $$$ to do it. The only way I would do it is to take the sides out and fiberglass the whole area. There is no way I could afford the $400 each side the one guy had someone do. I like the look on the face of people when I tell them I did it myself in an apartent with a jigsaw. After I do the 4 channel amp for the dash and doors and the monitor the car stereo is done. My springs are going to have to wait until tax return. Here are the final pics.

Hmm how you going to hook up the hatch release. Did you find that hatch release harness? Ive been trying to figure a way out to prevent the hatch from being unlocked when using the key fob. Is there a programming method to have the locks unlock in driver, rest doors then hatch depending on the number of times the fob is hit? You going to have a haved door popper installed for the hatch? Seriously thinking of having the hatch handle shaved too.

When I was first looking at removing the roof rack, I noticed the roof is thin too. I cringe everytime I hear a hail warning, speaking of which, one just came on the TV. Wow thats scary.

Close Up

Old 10-16-2005, 03:10 PM
alpopr
Default RE: Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD indash Finally FINISHED!

hey guyz i have that same head unit for sale. trying 2 get rid of it for 800.. email me or note me. im in NYC.

Old 10-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Magman3
Professional
Default RE: Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD indash Finally FINISHED!

If I had 800 bucks I would ****** it up in a heartbeat!

Quick Reply: Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD indash Finally FINISHED!