Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

How long does a Magnum RT order take?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 06:23 PM
srtommy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How long does a Magnum RT order take?

ORIGINAL: new2dodge

Well, I was finally able to get a real status code. Called the 800 number and received great customer support from the person on the line. It took several minutes to get the information and they kept apologizing for the delay and tried several times to get a status on my VON. The end result wasn't what I wanted to hear, but it was nice having someone not give up on the first attempt and actually get a valid status. My car is currently in BG status, so while it's passed edit, it's not available for schedule. She wasn't able to determine why it wasn't available, but I'll try and get the dealership to answer that question.

Now that I have a true status, I don't see this car arriving anytime in November, and would guess December is not a done deal. I guess I can hope for a Christmas gift (won't fit under the tree), 2006 Magnum R/T AWD with a red bow, in the driveway.

Based on what everyone else have seen, I don't know how to guess at time from order to schedule to build to delivery. If the dealer gives me the same story about the total process being 4-8 weeks I'm going to scream.
You better keep that tree away from a flame or heat. That thing will be dried out by the time that car comes in.

Old 11-11-2005, 04:44 PM
RutRoh

just got word from the dealer that mine will ship in about 2 weeks. looking at mid December delivery.
at least I have a target date! just in time for Christmas!

Old 11-14-2005, 03:10 AM
crazymjb
Professional

I was wondering this myself as if/when we purchase the magnum it seems like we would be getting an RT-AWD with the protection group, the electronics group, and the convienience group. Dont know how many there are configured like that.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:36 PM
egoode

There is a site that the factory workers run mylxinfo.com that will track your call through the build for a small fee. It is worth, I hope to see my car around Thanksgiving.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:08 PM
new2dodge

Well, I've just found out from my dealer that the car is due in 11/28/05. That makes the entire process at 8 weeks (order to delivery). I've heard that actual delivery can take longer, but it looks like I'll have the car by the end of the month.

Old 11-15-2005, 05:35 PM
RutRoh

make sure you get the 2 rebates available for $1000 and $1500 in the month of November!!!!!

Old 11-15-2005, 11:07 PM
crazymjb
Professional

How late do they except orders. I think I am looking at having my mother order between january and february. Also, can you make a slight down payment on the order with out commitment(3-5k) that is refundable, and then finalize it when it comes in?

Old 11-16-2005, 03:45 AM
new2dodge

The $1500 and $1000 are for 2005 RT. 2006 orders only have $1000, but it's better than nothing.

Old 11-16-2005, 12:23 PM
RutRoh

darn it. I was hoping to grab back that extra $1500. I see I was looking at 05 incentives.
supposedly mine ships tomorrow and will take approximately 3 weeks to arrive (says dealer)

Old 11-17-2005, 03:55 AM
crazymjb
Professional

Are those rebates applicable after negotiation? We are aiming to get KBB value(7k) for the trade in, and last year when we almost traded in but decided to replace the other car we had the dealer 500 below invoice on any magnum+options we chose. Being a domestic do you think its possible to drop 1500 below invoice on a factory order?

Quick Reply: How long does a Magnum RT order take?