Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

'06 5.7 engine cuts out

Old 09-02-2017, 03:09 PM
soar_dude
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So far not good.

Ready to pull what little hair I have out! I have changed out the coil packs and then the fuel pump making a guess that the pump was starting to die. Your talk of the PCM is making me nervous because they are not cheap.

Dudester​

Old 09-04-2017, 04:11 PM
Mom's magnum
Default Right there with you

I understand your pain. I hope I win the lottery so I can afford one also. Love my Magnum, but!!

Old 09-05-2017, 08:08 AM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mom's magnum
I understand your pain. I hope I win the lottery so I can afford one also. Love my Magnum, but!!
What kind of prices are you seeing? Where are you looking? I've yet to look, but saw others saying they paid around $300.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Mom's magnum
Default Pricing PCM

I went to an online Dodge parts only. Prices were $1200-$1500 for their PCM. If I'm buying a new one I want to stick with Dodge parts. Best of luck.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:27 PM
soar_dude
Professional
Default Fleabay

Originally Posted by Jaded
What kind of prices are you seeing? Where are you looking? I've yet to look, but saw others saying they paid around $300.
I'm getting a refurbished unit off fleabay with a warranty. Just a heads up on that make sure you have your P/N because there are 7 or 8 different P/N'S for the PCM. The two letter code is the software load with AL being the latest.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by soar_dude
I'm getting a refurbished unit off fleabay with a warranty. Just a heads up on that make sure you have your P/N because there are 7 or 8 different P/N'S for the PCM. The two letter code is the software load with AL being the latest.

Those are the best prices I've seen so far. We're probably going to go this route also.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:00 PM
soar_dude
Professional
Default So far so good

Just got the PCM this evening installed took it out for test drive. Drove like I stole it, no stalling and the engine is revving higher now before I could only get about 4,200 out of it now I can get at least 5,500 now. So I'm cautiously optimistic gonna drive more tomorrow change the oil and get it ready for the trip to the air races in Reno.

Dudester

Old 09-10-2017, 09:02 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by soar_dude
Just got the PCM this evening installed took it out for test drive. Drove like I stole it, no stalling and the engine is revving higher now before I could only get about 4,200 out of it now I can get at least 5,500 now. So I'm cautiously optimistic gonna drive more tomorrow change the oil and get it ready for the trip to the air races in Reno.

Dudester
I bet you got it fixed. Especially if it's running better like that. I won't be following through, guy I was helping decided to cut his losses and sold his Magnum.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:21 PM
soar_dude
Professional
Default Looks like It's good to go!

Well.been driving it since Thursday it has not died. So cautiously optimistic I got it licked. So on to Reno Wednesday night for the air races! Want to thank everyone for suggestions and thoughts.

Dudester

Old 09-15-2017, 11:33 PM
soar_dude
Professional
Default Good to go!

Drove from Olympia to Reno no bumps no burbbles. Gas mileage was okay. So I'm gonna call it fixed!

Dudester

Search this Thread