Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

SE Owner looking for advise on exhaust systems...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 01:16 PM
mag*doog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE Owner looking for advise on exhaust systems...

I just got my Mag and yes it's a SE.....I got a deal that just couldn't be turned down. I found a man that just had a stoke and needed to get rid of his 2005 Mag w/ 5369 miles @ 15K out the door...the rest of the hemi savings is going to xmas shopping... I'm wondering if anyone has got an exhaust system installed and is getting a rice rocket sound @ high RPM's. I was told by a freind not to get duals cause it wouldn't sound right. So I went to local muffler shop and the guy I spoke to said the exact same thing without even metioning my previous conversation. He suggested that I just knock off the resonator and add a chrome tip to it..I'm not looking for a sound that run my neighbors crazy but something w/ a little more throat than what it has now... Any suggestions...Sound clips would be great.

Old 12-23-2005, 12:12 AM
Big Main
Default RE: SE Owner looking for advise on exhaust systems...

I have an SXT. Just got it from the shop with dual 40 series Flowmasters and 4" angled tips. It sounds aggressive, and turns heads...very close to my '67 SS. I'll post pictures ASAP, w/soundclip. I ordered an RT rear bumper cover w/dual cutouts from the dealer (didn't want to wait). If you are sticking with a single ... I like the 40 series (throaty) minus resonator.

Old 12-23-2005, 03:36 AM
mag*doog

Thanks for the help Main...but just wondering how much you spent on the 40 series and how much the RT bumber w/dual cut outs ran you?

Old 12-23-2005, 03:47 AM
mag*doog

one other thing Big Main...does it make a difference as far as sound that you have the 3.5L SXT and I have the 2.7L SE?

Old 12-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Imsinin
Rookie

Nice to have ya man! I too have an SE and I also have a Flowmaster delta series 40 exhaust and I love it!! It is loud though, but I also have an intake as well to add to the noise. But as stated above, it will turn heads!

If you go to my page below you can see pictures of the entire exhaust (not polished et though) The whole set up.....SS pipes, removing the resinator, Flowmaster 40 and everything welded and bent around 300 and change out the door.

Hope it helps!

www.slefever.com

Old 12-23-2005, 12:01 PM
Crummy

I've got a quick question about the 40 Series.
Which 40 Series did you guys use? Original, Delta Flow, Delta Force, or the Super 40?
I have an SE as well and would like to get it sounding nice. Inside the cab the engine sounds mean, but outside its as quite as a church mouse.
Thanks,
Chris

Old 12-23-2005, 04:51 PM
strippedhemi
Veteran

I know a few people that put Flowmaster duals on their 3.5s. I used the stock 6 cyl bumper on both by just making a cardboard pattern of the open side and drawing it on the other side. Then amply apply duct tape all around and use a jig saw to cut it out slightly bigger. Then take a dremel or cut-off wheel and remove just the lip on the stock side. You can then just brushpaint the bare edge after sanding smooth or put a short piece of door edge molding around the opening either in black or chrome. If you cut it slow so it dont melt and use a larger toothed blade, you wont even have to paint the bumper. They sound alright, but youll never get a V8 sound.

Old 12-23-2005, 11:27 PM
Imsinin
Rookie

I have the Delta Flow series. Like Strippedhemi said, it is not going to sound like a V8, but does beef it up alot. Also you could always add an intake to get more sound as well.

Old 12-30-2005, 02:02 AM
undropped
Veteran

i am runnin a single flowmaster 40, single in dual out welded in right after the y pipe, the whole install cost about 200, and i shaved the stock cutout myself

as for the sound, it has a awesome rumble at idle, but gets a little ricey at higer rpms, but also sounds like a exotic wrapped out.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13151/0C9BF09EFC6F49C2A99BB6DFBDE58B37.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-30-2005, 12:29 PM
Gary Howell
Professional

Here are out offerings http://www.howellautomotive.com/inde...S&Category=185

Quick Reply: SE Owner looking for advise on exhaust systems...