Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Interior size question...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 04:32 AM
jheezy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior size question...

Hey fellas, new member here and I'm considering buying a magnum but I wanted to check with some of you magnum lovers to see the comfortablity of the magnum.. First off the reason I ask about comfort is because I'm 6'4 350lbs...`And before I even go to the dealers I wanted to check with some mag owners who are big fellas like myself...So if there are any big guys here could you share your initial thoughts when you first took a seat ...Thanks guys and I hope I can fit lol[sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 12-28-2005, 08:44 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain
Default RE: Interior size question...

Jheezy,
I would go try it out... I have a neighbor who is 6'-2" and about 250 pounds and he sits comfortably in the Magnum. On a recent trip to Fry's, he got in and actually moved his seat forward. And he has sat in the back and was not squashed... Plus, there is an option that comes with Telescopic Pedals and Steering Wheel Column. Those may help you... I am short and I place my pedals all the way towards the front seat, so I can push my seat away from the Air Bag. Pedals toward the front seat and the steering Column as close to the dash as possible. I drive around with my arms fully extended at the top of the wheel, right at my lap at the bottom of the wheel... This is a very comfortable car... I bought it for the Hemi, but was suprised it also had a Caddy in it... I love this damn thing!

Old 12-29-2005, 12:07 AM
jheezy

ha ha, so far I'm just in love with the look of the damn thing...Plus I have two kids so I need a four door...Any other opinions or experiences with the interior space (especially driver seat) Thanks...

Old 12-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Free_Style
Rookie

I am 6'7 and fit in this just fine. I tryed ever car and trcuk possible under 40k. The VW Passat came in a close second. Thanks Justin

Old 12-29-2005, 06:45 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

I am 5'9" and 255 ponds with short legs, I fit just fine. I have the option with the adjustable pedals and the tilt/telescope steering wheel............they all help.

Car will sit 5 people, but 4 comfortably. You will be amazed at what you can haul in the back with the rear seats folded down.

Great car, I also bought it for the Hemi engine.

One note, the car has a low roof line, makes it hard to see some overhead traffic lights, also a problem at drive up windows..........such as ATM machines.

Best to go try one in person.

Bob

Old 12-30-2005, 04:22 AM
jheezy

Thanks guys....I'm looking into getting the SXT...I wish I can afford the Hemi but.. I'm looking to buy it cash and don't quiet have 25-30g's..So I guess I will have to go with the SXT...I've owned a Mustang 5.0 with a few performance mods, also I currently own a Chevy Caprice LT1 with a couple performance upgrades. I know the Hemi would kick a$$ like or better than my previous rides but how well will the SXT add up. Thanks again...

Old 12-30-2005, 12:59 PM
USAVET

6'3 325 and I fit just fine

Old 12-31-2005, 03:28 AM
jheezy

ooh man I'm starting to get excited...Any opinions on my last post( SXT comparison to a Chevy Caprice LT1- or Mustang 5.0 )

Old 01-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Jaime340
Professional

i think youll be kicking your self later for the rt. you might put mods in the sxt and wont give you the satisfaction an rt will. theres a 90 hp diffrence!! for the price difrence of about 5 to 7 k$ plus i get all the looks from other magnum owners who diddnt chose the rt. my opinion you NEED THE RT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! hemi 340hp cant go wrong

Quick Reply: Interior size question...