Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 04:50 PM
Albe B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine swap

I got a 2005 dodge magnum 3.5l motors blown but can get a motor out of a 2006 Chrysler 300 C the 3.5 L my question is what is the difference between the two and is it gonna be easy swap.

Old 07-16-2021, 05:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,189 Likes on 2,942 Posts

Welcome to DF! Moving this to the Magnum section for ya.

Old 07-16-2021, 09:16 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 216 Likes on 196 Posts

Same engine

Old 07-26-2021, 01:55 PM
Josh Kicklighter
Default Help plz

I have 2004 Dodge ram 1500 they have 3.7 Magnum 5-speed in it I removed the 5-speed and the 3.7 Magnum I replaced it with a 2000 5.9 Magnum automatic transmission I have everything for the 5.9 including ECU engine wiring harness headlight harness all the way up to the c134 connector which is where my issue comes into play... now , c134 connector is the engine side of connector c219.... c134 is this connector's name in the 2000 they're just simply calling it c219 in 2004 but the plugs still hook up plug and Play and they have all the same functions they channel your ignition your ground your instrument cluster your starting system and charging system and so forth none of that has changed but what has changed is the wire color and pinout location.... I have done a lot of work to this truck and this is the only thing stopping me I'm starting it and driving it down the road could someone please shed some light on what wires from the c-134 connector and the c219 connector I need join in holy matrimony in order to make this thing start just the starting and charging system is all I need I'm not worried about gauges not worried about lights or any of that and I pretty much got that dialed down I just need the starting system and charging system please any information would be greatly appreciated

Old 07-26-2021, 02:01 PM
Josh Kicklighter
Old 07-26-2021, 03:48 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Josh Kicklighter
I have 2004 Dodge ram 1500 they have 3.7 Magnum 5-speed in it I removed the 5-speed and the 3.7 Magnum I replaced it with a 2000 5.9 Magnum automatic transmission I have everything for the 5.9 including ECU engine wiring harness headlight harness all the way up to the c134 connector which is where my issue comes into play... now , c134 connector is the engine side of connector c219.... c134 is this connector's name in the 2000 they're just simply calling it c219 in 2004 but the plugs still hook up plug and Play and they have all the same functions they channel your ignition your ground your instrument cluster your starting system and charging system and so forth none of that has changed but what has changed is the wire color and pinout location.... I have done a lot of work to this truck and this is the only thing stopping me I'm starting it and driving it down the road could someone please shed some light on what wires from the c-134 connector and the c219 connector I need join in holy matrimony in order to make this thing start just the starting and charging system is all I need I'm not worried about gauges not worried about lights or any of that and I pretty much got that dialed down I just need the starting system and charging system please any information would be greatly appreciated

Old 07-26-2021, 03:55 PM
Josh Kicklighter

Originally Posted by Magnoom
No I'm sorry guys just kinda desperate here and this is the closest I've come to anyone having anything close to what I have going on don't mean to hijack just grasping at a tiny light at the end of the tunnel look up the issue and u will see how vague the internet is on the subject no one has swaped a 00 5.9 Mag into a 04 ram that I can find this is some ground breaking stuff I guess

Old 07-26-2021, 08:03 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker

No I'm sorry guys just kinda desperate here and this is the closest I've come to anyone having anything close to what I have going on don't mean to hijack just grasping at a tiny light at the end of the tunnel look up the issue and u will see how vague the internet is on the subject no one has swaped a 00 5.9 Mag into a 04 ram that I can find this is some ground breaking stuff I guess
Well yeah LMAO. You're trying to go backwards electronics and engine wise.

Old 09-21-2022, 11:49 AM
340X
Default Wiring Diagram

Go to: CONNECTORS.DCCTOOLS.COM
look up each connector for your setup. Print them off then compare them side by side. Most of the time, wire colors are the same for each specific circuit. So, you can match wire colors from one side to the other. Not always guaranteed but a start. Short of that, trace wires with a volt meter to their respective source on the engine. Then repin to match the body side.

Old 09-21-2022, 11:57 AM
340X
Default Close but different

Originally Posted by Albe B
I got a 2005 dodge magnum 3.5l motors blown but can get a motor out of a 2006 Chrysler 300 C the 3.5 L my question is what is the difference between the two and is it gonna be easy swap.
The base engine is the same, block & heads. For sure, the valve covers are different as are the coil packs and wiring harness. Coil packs only use one bolt on '05's and have a specific plug. '06's are the same way: they take two bolts to attach in a different configuration and take their own specific plug. You'll have to swap valve covers and coil packs at the least and use the 05 harness.
Now, the oil pans are different depending on the transmission. The '05 likely has a 4 speed while the '06 likely has the 5 speed. You can swap then around without any problems. Other than that, you should be okay.