Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Made a Sad Mistake

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 10:05 PM
LonghornSpencer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Made a Sad Mistake

Sorry to hear about selling the Mag for the Avalon. Our other car is a Camry so I know exactly how you feel. Did you ever sell the wheels? How much? THANKS

Old 02-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Lyle SXT
Professional

I'm sorry to hear your Magnum didn't work out for you.

I bought an '05 Magnum SXT, and I only regret one thing about it......I don't use it enough!! From the first time I layed my eyes on a Magnum, I knew I had to have one. It was simply love at first sight. After doing much research, I purchased an beauty little red SXT. I took one look at the RT and said NO WAY!! The price difference (at the time here in Canada) was around 10 grand from a nicely equiped SXT to the average RT. 10 grand for 90 hp more!!!! NO FREAKING WAY!!! For 10 thousand bucks I can buy a killer crate engine for my 60's muscle car (which is still in the garage undergoing resto) and have enough Hp to rip the rear tires clean off!!

So it simply wasn't an issue with me. My SXT has plenty of passing power when I need it......in fact I'm still amazed I haven't had a speeding ticket in it (just about got one during x-mas holiday trip). I bought this car for the simple fact that (to me) it's total 'eye-candy'!!! Oh yeah.....I've never had gas mileage like yours. I usually get just under 30 mpg (I mostly drive highways).

I'm also sad to report that I will soon be selling my Mag. But not because I don't like it. Simply because I don't use it. I work from my home.....and with the never-ending advances in technology, I just don't have to go out very often. Last year my wife and I got a smoken deal on a used PT Crusier (when we mistakenly thought we needed 2 vehicles). She uses it as the troop transport for the kids, and running daily erands (my Mag is officially my work car). So in the year I've owned the Mag I've only put just over 16,000 km's (around 10,000 miles) on it. Most of those miles were put on prior to getting the PT. Unfortunately I can't continue to justify paying for something that's hardly getting used. And my wife has fallen in love with her PT, so that's not even an issue.

But....I'm glad I got to own a Magnum......maybe someday I'll get another. But now I want to concentrate on getting my 60's machine out so I can use it. And oh yeah, I need to save my pennies for my future Dodge Challenger and Chevy Camaro.

Cheers,
Lyle

Old 02-15-2006, 07:05 PM
pdjmwj

Wow, I cannot believe how bad my gas mileage was compared to what others are saying. I religiously checked it using receipts and resetting the trip mileage.

I NEVER EVER got over 23.5 mpg from the day I drove it off the lot and 85% of that was on Rt 70 thru Maryland. Speed limit is 65, 3 lanes, never any backups. I can garrantee you that I would have kept it if I got some of that luvin mpg....

Maybe we should start an SXT Mileage thread? What's you all think?

Paul

Old 02-19-2006, 02:43 AM
Silver bullit
Veteran

Sorry to read this . I dont look at the gas numbers any more ilove my car and thats all i care about. You said you have some tires and rims . I have an awd so the rims arenot needed would you sell the tires.

Quick Reply: Made a Sad Mistake