Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Update:Day 50 in Repair Shop

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 04:53 PM
Kiddo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update:Day 50 in Repair Shop

2005 Magnum SE 2.7 Liter V6. 12,000 miles.

Update: Finally got new engine. Picked up the car. Less than 24 hours later, I had to tow it back to the dealer because defective rear main seal caused oil to drain out. Got car back on the road & everything seems ok, although I have no confidence in the vehicle. Dealer's service dept has been great thru this whole thing and have done everything possible to help get the problem fixed.

Summary: Took car in for heater malfunction. 50 days later, I have my car back with a new motor installed.

Old 02-10-2006, 11:43 PM
via500
Professional
Default RE: Day 12 in Repair Shop - No Solution Yet

Chrysler said the water is passing over the heater coil too quickly and not getting heated up

Something got lost in the translation, the coolant picks up heat from the engine and not the heater "coil" (probably meant - core). In any case this is pure BS.

Old 02-18-2006, 12:17 PM
henry
Rookie
Default RE: Day 12 in Repair Shop - No Solution Yet

This is not rocket science. your dealer mechanic is incompetent. Go somewhere else.

A cold heater core is caused by:

1. no flow of engine coolant to the core (mixing valve stuck closed or a restriction in the line leading to the core, or a bad HVAC control unit)
2. no heat in the engine coolant (thermostat stuck open not allowing the engine to heat up)

Old 02-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Imsinin
Rookie
Default RE: Update:Day 15 in Repair Shop - No Solution Yet

Any updates? Just curious how this mess turned out for ya?

Keep us posted..

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Update:Day 50 in Repair Shop