Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.
View Poll Results: A poll
Inferno Red
37.14%
Charcoal
11.43%
Blue
20.00%
White
8.57%
Black (metalflake)
22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

MAGNUM RT: How many people already got theirs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 02:18 AM
earthdoc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAGNUM RT: How many people already got theirs?

May 27, 2004
I put down a deposit 2 weeks ago on my Inferno Red Magnum RT. I haggered and moaned and groaned at got the dealer to agree that once it came in i could get it. I also was successful in getting him to knock off the $6,000 dealer premium. Well, after a phone call everyday, anoying the dealer, it came in yesterday. Gave em the check, signed my name 40 times and told em i gotta go. They told me that this is the 1st Magnum in the State released. Heck, maybe it's the 1st in the country. Who knows? All i know is that i am pretty darn happy.

This is one of the nicest cars I've ever been in. I have had about 20 people stop me in the past 24hrs to take a look and the looks are staggering. I really look forward to time in this car. 184 miles on the ODO now. Best part, it's in my driveway..er..garage and not a single dealer around believes me....Makes me feel good.

I'll post some pics later. Heading to Bristol dragway tommorow. You recon i'll get some attention....No, not going to race, Just to watch my dad and brother race. I bet i could sell it though tommorow for a cool $10k over what i paid....Sorry...dream on.

May 30, 2004

OK...It get's good....really good.
I went to Bristol this weekend with the family (yes in the Magnum) to see my dad ('65 Cuda) Bob Phillips and brother ('70 twin turbo 360) Brian Phillips race. I figured new Dodge Magnum, Mopar show...would be neat.

We left Durham, NC at 7:30 in the morning and got quite a few stare on the way there. But, when we pulled into the track and gave them our tickets (thanks Steve Jarrett), we idled over into the pits and pulled up to my dads area and parked.

BAM...BAM...BAM....Can i see? Open the hood, can i sit.... I would say about 500 people in the 1st hour. I was quite estatic at the response. For the next 6 hours we kept up the pace of showing the car. Geoff Stunkard who is a professional photographer came by and asked if i would mind if he snapped some pics with a 1965 Belvedere Wagon (drag car). Made sense, so i said sure. We drove the car around and lined them up. All of a sudden, it hit everyone. The Magnum definately got its heritage from this car 40 years its senior. The rear windows, front grill, rear slope, back glass, etc...they were very similar.

He took about 100pics and finally we lined them up and did dual burnouts. It was somewhat tuff, even with the traction control off, not because of the lack of power, but those huge disc brakes didn't want to let go... Anyway, i think he got some decent pics.

Now, maybe they will show up in some national mopar magazine next month? I'd be willing to bet that once Mopar Perf. gets ahold of the pics, the deal will be done....And word is Chrysler was looking for some promo nostagia type pics.... It would probably make a descent cover shot.

Anyway...I've attached a couple pics...The kid in looking inquisitavely is my sone Will. Stay tuned.

_mel

[IMG]local://upfiles/4311/Yw687979108.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-29-2004, 03:05 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MAGNUM RT

AWESOME!! I want pics!! LOL! You are VERY lucky! Enjoy and stay safe!! Welcome to the site by the way.. hope to see you here often!!

~Amanda

Old 05-31-2004, 12:27 PM
MAGNUMR/T-Z06

Beautiful car! I picked mine up 3 weeks ago! You'll love it!I tried to upload a photo, but the "forum" keeps giving me an error!

Old 05-31-2004, 02:17 PM
earthdoc

I found the same problem. Make sure the pic or pics total kb is <250kb or else it will not allow you to upload them. How did you get away with getting yours early?

Old 05-31-2004, 02:46 PM
MAGNUMR/T-Z06

My file size is below 200kb! I keep getting an error?????/
I got the car simply by LUCK! I sold my Durango R/T accidentaly and needed a car immediatly! I called the dealer I bought the Durango from and he had one in stock exactly like yours! I didnt get your deal, but I didnt mind! In did get $1000 off. I tell everyone it was fate! I was ment to have this car!!I picked up the MAGNUM the same day I sold my Durango!!

Old 06-02-2004, 12:30 AM
MidnightCharge
Rookie

Just got mine today paid $400 over invoice had to work hard to get the deal but it came down to it being the first in the area and they wanted to get it out on the streets. We even promised to bring it back for premere night to give people rides if they don't get another one in. So far we have put over 200 miles on it and its been a blast. Looking forward to getting it broken in and turning it lose.

Roy

Old 06-03-2004, 03:19 AM
MidnightCharge
Rookie

Here is my photo gallery. https://dodgeforum.com/albumphoto.as...Type=3&apage=1
I will have better quality pics soon.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4412/Ca803692609.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-04-2004, 02:05 AM
Herb Jenssen

What's the deal? Everyone that I've read about on any forum has a red one! Including mine!

I paid sticker minus $1000.00 for financing with Chrysler.

I love the car but my 0 to 60 time is over a second slower than any article I've read.

I've been told that they come alive after they get some miles on them. Fingers crossed!

I've discovered very few Dodge people know anything about them or the options.

Calling Customer Assistance is the biggest waste of time but the Magnum sure is nice.

Old 06-04-2004, 02:40 AM
MidnightCharge
Rookie

Most cars I have owned get stronger anywhere between 1500 and 5000 miles. Being so new it will be hard to get info, Dodge hasn't even had their premere night yet. I'm glad Dodge didn't do like Chrysler, they did not allow the 300s to be sold until after premere night.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:05 PM
earthdoc

June 4, 2004
I've now got 1100 miles on the Magnum and the 0-60 felt sluggish(last week) ...well, not sluggish, but not what i was looking for. Now the car has more punch. The car is "drive by wire" and i can feel a 1/4second or so delay from the pedal to the throttle servo. I bet this can be improved upon once people start working on a chip. The car has definately developed some more ponies in the past week.

In regards to color, i would bet anyone opting for the HEMI would be foolish not to go for the red. The red is hands down the sexiest color. Not to say the other colors look bad. Actually i've only seend the charcoal grey, so i could stand corrected once i see the others. Really looking for that blue one.

Also, there is Zero aftermarket stuff outthere, but i am guessing that in about 2 months, we will see plenty.
1. Chips
2. Superchargers (what I'm looking for)
3. Air induction kits
4. Exhaust kits.

I figure I'll let the car break in for 6 months and make sure i have no warranty type new car problems, then I'll give the HEMI some air at about 21PSIA. Yeah, that should relate to around 6PSI of boost. I know that Kenny Bell has a supercharger for the 5.7L HEMI, they just have not released it yet. I think the MAGNUM will respond very nicely to the extra 75-100HP. The car handles the 340HP with no problems and you can tell that additional ponies would be no problem.

Anyway, lets keep it going. If anyone knows of aftermarket stuff out or coming, let me know. Links to sites relating to the new HEMI would also be a plus.

I included here the pics that were taken last week. Can you say COVER?

Later
Mel

[IMG]local://upfiles/4311/Lj220455914.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4311/Kf137125098.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: MAGNUM RT: How many people already got theirs?