Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

chip for my Hemi

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 08:30 PM
keith geml
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chip for my Hemi

Hi everyone, Was wondering if anyone can give me some infor about a superchip brand for my Hemi. I am not sure what they are talking about. I was told to go to web site www.performancecombos.com. I have tried and the page is expired. I have a 2005 Magnum that I have fixed up pretty cool. it is lowered with Chip Foose wheels and really nice flames. I have Borla pipes on it and it does look cool. Always looking for new ideas tho.
Thanks,
Keith the Cigar Man

Old 04-23-2006, 12:36 AM
ugotit
Professional
Default RE: chip for my Hemi

We carry the superchip programmers, if you have any questions send me a email we will be happy to help you . sales@strippermotorsports.com

Old 04-23-2006, 01:49 AM
06dwagen

i believe hypertech makes a chip for the hemi

Old 04-23-2006, 04:16 AM
Husker
Professional

ORIGINAL: 06dwagen

i believe hypertech makes a chip for the hemi

Hypertech makes a tuner as well. But the SuperChips tuner is WAY better as it allows you to change much more in the way of performance. The Hypertech by what I have seen is not much more then a JetChip

Old 04-23-2006, 01:01 PM
FlatEric
Veteran

Which one have some folks been having the problems with, missing, hesitation, having to upgrade first, etc? That's the one I don't want.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:35 AM
Al Briggs
Rookie

According to the Superchips website, the programmer for the Dodge Magnum is not out yet.

http://www.superchips.com/home.phtml

There is a block that advertises the product, but no link to it. Other sites say, "Coming soon."

Old 04-24-2006, 08:12 AM
FlatEric
Veteran

Check this forum link, there are 3 on it that already have them and are having problems.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_415180/tm.htm

I found this as well: http://www.superchips.com/product.ph...k=1240&msg=%2B

Old 04-24-2006, 10:03 AM
kowalcs
Professional

Question about the Superchips programmer: I've been told that these can only be used on one car and one car only. Like, if my buddy had one and used it on his car, I would not be able to use it on mine. Is this true?

Old 04-24-2006, 10:51 AM
FlatEric
Veteran

I think they are all like that, it specifically says so in the Hypertech user manual for instance. It keeps track of where the software is, and cannot load to car 2 unless you take it off of car 1. Also, if the dealer flashes your car while the tune is in there, it is gone (overwritten), and it can't be uploaded to your car again. I would imagine that you could send it back to Hypertech for reprogramming, but I don't know if it would be for free.

They don't want you buying one and then selling upgrades to others......same reason Micorsoft has serial numbers on the newer Windows that have to be activated.

Just found this, right from the Superchips manual...

Your Vehicle and Service Centers
If you need to return your vehicle to a service center, restore the vehicle’s program to its STOCK
program. The service center might reprogram your vehicle with an updated STOCK program
without your knowledge. If your vehicle has not been returned to its STOCK program prior to
service, the Superchips FLASHPAQ Tuner will no longer be able to program your vehicle. Such
a failure is not covered by the Superchips Inc. warranty.

Quick Reply: chip for my Hemi