Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

What do you thing New hood

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 06:10 PM
Silver bullit
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you thing New hood

I dont need your help with a poll . I can see where you want this to go. I am not asking for Bu-ll cra----p from any of you i am asking for opinion that help. if this scoop looks like it does not belong you make changes. As far as your keeping quiet that may be a good thing. I am trying to at least show an idea that is not complete and was just though up in the last few days.

Old 05-31-2006, 07:12 PM
65standard
All Star

that cool... i won't help with any more of my Bu-ll cra----p

be careful when asking for opinions...you might get 'em and not handle 'em very well.

Old 05-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Silver bullit
Veteran

Thank you, Now for some creative input and i will be on my way to fab this scoop.

Old 05-31-2006, 07:53 PM
magmagnum
Rookie

I don`t like it...but that`s just my opinion and why should you care? If you like it , I say more power to ya` , you most certianly won`t see another one like it.[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 05-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Silver bullit
Veteran

Darn i most have pis- off one of the favorites. i do care how you and fellow members think a hood would look like. I am not here to be a butt head with any of you and i cant take theheat , i just want to do it right as i have never done a scoop before . I think for the first time the bends came out straight at least. I do want a one off and if some else liked it i would reproduce it for the member. So if your upset with the last two or three post- Oh well. If you want to help with soem design input cool. thanks you and have a nice day.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:10 PM
HemiNuts
Professional

65standard I need help! Is it possible to get too much air in the intake? My car sounds funny, when pushing on the gas.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:20 PM
HemiNuts
Professional

I was on the highway today and when coming off the ramp it sounded like it was bogging down. The tone was real deep. It just didn't feel like it had any get up and go. Remember we were discussing the ram-air and cool air. I choose the cool air and I have air coming in from the scoop and I left the bottom hole open which the original air box got it's air. Siver Bullit, I still would like to see a side view of the scoop, from what I can see it looks a bit boxy.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:34 AM
mjunda

looks like a turd!

Old 06-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Silver bullit
Veteran

Mr Heminut i will get a side shot later to day i am cutting the scoop to bring the front in on both sides. Thanks mr169 i mispelled scoop shot me with your long riflewith the scope on it.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:45 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

The scoop on that hood looks like something off of a 70's model Cuda or a Dart....it's not a bad idea, but unfortunately it just doesnt fit the car. The Charger hood scoop would look better as its not so huge and it is smaller/designed to fit the look of the car.

There's nothing wrong with your scoop if you like it. What other people particularly think is irrelevant. If you like it, then thats all that really matters. That being said, if you want an honest opinion, like grinner and a couple others have stated....its too boxy and honestly...it's too wide. The front end of the Magnums is rounded, so when you place something that squared off on the car....it really stands out and brings attention to the car. Whether it's positive or negative attention, is for the person who looks at it to think.

My suggestion is to round it out a little bit......lower it closer to the hood....and try to utilize the contours of the hood to make it stand out less. If I slap a blower on my car, people are going to look dead at it first everytime....but if I slap a mild hood scoop and some nice wheels...people are more apt to overlook them to check out the whole car.

Good luck on your design and keep up the hard work...

Quick Reply: What do you thing New hood