Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

What do you thing New hood

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 11:56 AM
HemiNuts
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you thing New hood

Silver Bullit, I think I know the look you may be after. I looked at the Charger's hood, and I think if you lower yours a little and bring the back down lower then the front you may bet a getter look. The picture you have posted so far, gives your car an aggresive look. But it looks boxy as it is now. Back in the sixties there were several cars with a hood similar to yours.

Old 06-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Silver bullit
Veteran

If i was to bring the back down ----When you say the back front of car or near the hood . On a cowl hood your front to back is always the same so if i was to leave the front at 1 3/4 and do that all the way to the back of the scoop and bring the fronts in on the sides i think i will be keeping the lines close to the lines that are there now on the hood. i do want to also keep the front opening as wide as possible. if i close that up i should just buy the hood that some of the members have put on there cars. I want to leave the opening at least 16inches wide and a rise of 1 3/4 front to back.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:03 PM
HemiNuts
Professional

Leaving the width of your scoop is fine. I agree with DevilsReject, the charger scoop would look good on your car. If you would want it different then eveyone esle, keep going on your idea. Look at some pictures of other scoops on different cars. Example, today at Home Depo I seen a mustang hood scoop. It is higher in the front then slopes a bit downward to the back (Closer to the windshield).
You could keep the width, I like the look. Make your edges more rounded, I think you're on to something.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Silver bullit
Veteran

Ready to post some pics need help

Old 06-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Magmania
Veteran

Remember this (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...esseats266.jpg) from your 3rd post above?

Make it into a link instead of an image by highlighting it and clicking on the link box in the message editor.
To highlight it put the cursor in front of the 1st letter of the address, hold down the shift key and press the right arrow key until the entire address (and only the address) is highlighted. Copy that entire address into the link address field when the link dialog box opens and press okay. Good Luck.

Here's what the link will do ...http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...esseats266.jpg

Did you ever complete this hood? http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...esseats196.jpg

Old 06-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Silver bullit
Veteran

Old 06-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Silver bullit
Veteran

With the new changes i have brought the front in a about 4 inches on both side and i am going to make it a cowl up top bbut i have not bothered with yet. I also left me points on the front of each corner to help with a different look. I am going to bring it down in the front just a little more about 1/4 of an inch and across the tio up near the winshield i am going to follow the lines of the hood and with a small lip that turns up. I tried the posting method you sent me but for some reson didnot work. so iam posting in the hopes that some can link it. Thanks.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Silver bullit
Veteran

Old 06-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Magmania
Veteran

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...esseats269.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...esseats267.jpg

It's looking much more as one with the rest of the lines on the car.
What do you think about continuing the raised double lines in the front/center of the factory hood onto your scoop instead of the single line? Or maybe eliminate the line completely?

Old 06-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Silver bullit
Veteran

Its not working so here is another pic of the changes i have made.

Quick Reply: What do you thing New hood