Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

prototype ram-charger airbox

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 08:18 PM
65standard
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prototype ram-charger airbox

here is my new ram-charger ram-air setup i am working on. the air is force feed into the motor through the hood scoop. no more turns, no more heat soak, and no more restrictions. the straightest, shortest path for air to enter the motor. here is a peek at the airbox.

Old 07-15-2006, 10:53 PM
HemiNuts
Professional
Default RE: prototype ram-charger airbox

Now that is a true Ram Air setup. It looks great. Have you noticed any difference in performance? Is the filter the stock type or the high air flowtype? How about under the hood? How did you design the seal from the scoop? You should patten that setup!

Old 07-15-2006, 10:57 PM
HemiNuts
Professional

How about the air senser? Is it going to work properly in such an open box? Is the air senser needed with a super chip setup? Would the air senser get a more accurate reading if you designed the box so the back of it is a bit more forward from the intake? Then the intake fitting that is behind the box could be designed to place the air senser inside the feeding tube rather then in the box? I hope I am making sense!!

Old 07-15-2006, 11:33 PM
65standard
All Star

i haven't tested it yet. i still need to modify the underside of the hood. the air temp sensor is fine where it is. by moving the sensor closer to the inlet where the air is cooler, this can give you two or three more degrees of timing. in theory, this is the perfect setup.

these pictures are of the test fitting. the filter in the test is not the actual filter. i have one comming from K&N made to fit this airbox.

Old 07-16-2006, 02:54 AM
Silver bullit
Veteran

Are you the least bit concerned about rain getting in and if not how are you going to deal with it when you get some rain. Are you putting small hoses on the side to take away the water >???????? love the idea keep up the good work

Old 07-16-2006, 06:21 PM
HemiNuts
Professional

That is a good concern. With the original setup you said you never had a problem with the rain. To my surprise after installing my hood, I too, have had no problem with rain water getting into the intake. With your new setup, I again would be concerned about the rain. I am curious on how you will prevent water from getting into the filter and intake. I think you are a mechanical genious! I'm sure you will figure that out as well. I still think it is a great intake system, Good Luck!

Old 07-16-2006, 08:13 PM
grinner
All Star

have you cut your hood yet?

Old 07-16-2006, 08:24 PM
65standard
All Star

the rain water will over shoot the filter and drain out through a small hole on the underside of the hood. i haven't modified the underside of the hood yet. once i do, i will post pictures to show you what i am thinking about doing there. i don't think rain will be a problem, but someone throwing a bucket of water in the scoop would be catastrophic to the motor.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Tedman5
Rookie

Go for it dude. That is awesome. You're on to something I have been thinking of for a while. Only problem is I don't have the enginuity. Everything you have done so far has been quality and I like your mod-style. I am sure this will come out 1st class.
Keep up the good work and sell me the first production model. Rock on!!!

Old 07-18-2006, 05:17 PM
MyRT
Professional

65standard, box looks great. This should show a better performance increase that any other CAI.

Quick Reply: prototype ram-charger airbox