Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

MAGNUM RT - GOT IT BACK AFTER 2 WEEKS AT THE DEALER

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MAGNUM RT - GOT IT BACK AFTER 2 WEEKS AT THE DEALER

The more people who have this problem with the reverse, the better, so to speak... please take it to your local dealer to at least report the complaint. It'll HAVE to get noticed by DCX soon as it's a major problem...

~Amanda

Old 07-08-2004, 05:01 PM
shiltz
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think the actual problem is the drive by wire throtle, I think the problem is the transmission, when you switch to drive and reverse it takes a second or to for it to actualy engage the gear, well mine does anyways, so if you were to hit the throtle and get the RPM's up and then it finaly engages you would shoot off as described.

Old 07-08-2004, 08:30 PM
Cal Jeff

Mentione the reverse problem not only to the dealer but also make a call or visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission's web site www.cpsc.gov and report the problem. DC may be big but Uncle Sam won't let them alone for long. Given that with this car all the running gear is new especially in the R/T there are bound to be problems.

Old 07-08-2004, 11:52 PM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IT IS TOTALLY NORMAL FOR THERE TO BE DELAY GOING FROM ONE GEAR TO THE NEXT. This is fully electronic transmision and takes a few moments to actuate all the solenoids. I am sorry if you don't like it but that is the way it is. If you engaged R and after say 5seconds it wasn't moving and then you pressed the throtttle to 50% before it jumped I'd say that was an issue. Again, until a tech verifies it (insurance adjusters don't count) it would be very difficult to guess at what could be wrong. There are lots of components in that system.

Old 07-09-2004, 12:46 AM
phantom505
Professional

Ah, someone who thinks he knows what's going on without knowing anything. I'm glad to see people like that aren't just isolated to GM forums, but are also here on the Dodge forums.

I know how long to epxect for a car to shift into reverse. And this vehicle has exhibited changes to reverse gear that are much longer than expected (hence, from every friggin car I have ever driven, electronic or no). If this is normal for a Dodge, then maybe I should be getting rid of them, fast.

If you seriously think people are stepping on the gas before giving it a few seconds to engauge, you must be one of those "ASE certified know-it-alls".

Old 07-09-2004, 02:00 AM
shiltz
Captain

yeah, all autos take a moment to switch gear, it's just with the magnum that moment is significantly longer than every other car that i've owned, all of which were automatic.

Old 07-12-2004, 09:42 PM
BlueMag?

I have a Blue RT on order. I got an email from the dealer about a slow down in production of the RT and 300C due to this problem.

Not sure if I will get it now or not. It was suppose to be here the first week of August. Now he can't tell me when it will be ready.

Old 07-12-2004, 10:35 PM
blackmagnumrt
Professional

Can you post the e-mail? It may be of help to those who are having problems that the dealer won't address. A copy of a more or less offical e-mail from a Dodge dealer that at least mentions the problem may be just the leverage some of these folks need.

Nick

Old 07-13-2004, 01:05 AM
BlueMag?

I will only post his email. No names please. I don't want to get him in the fire. He is a friend of a friend. It does make sense to have these problems with new vehicles.

Quote from Dodge Dealer. This after I sent him a copy of this thread. I told him that this problem was a concern of mine.

"I found out that is the reason for the delay, on the R/T and the 300C they are fixing any problems they are encountering before they ship them now. They do not want to have recalls on them, I am proud they are doing this but still it is hard to explain to customers who have been waiting along time."

Old 07-13-2004, 01:08 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Totally understandable for not posting names... thank so much for the insider insight.

~Amanda

Quick Reply: MAGNUM RT - GOT IT BACK AFTER 2 WEEKS AT THE DEALER