Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

MAGNUM RT - GOT IT BACK AFTER 2 WEEKS AT THE DEALER

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 01:10 AM
blackmagnumrt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MAGNUM RT - GOT IT BACK AFTER 2 WEEKS AT THE DEALER

Thanks BlueMag. I thought that it might contain a specific reference to the problem described here, hence the request. I hope yours gets in soon. I'm sure you will love it.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:36 PM
fullauto

I just picked up my new Magnum R/T last weekend. I've put 700 miles on it and back it out of my garage every day. So far no signs of this problem. I'm not sure when my car rolled off the delivery truck as I purchased it right off the lot... but I'm hoping this isn't a problem that materializes after a couple thousand miles.

So far I've not found any quirks with the car at all. I did blow the doors off a Mustang yesterday night... it didn't take much to leave him in my rear view mirror. The clown turned off immediately in embarrassment. I guess he couldn't handle getting his doors blown off by a 4-door station wagon. $10 says he tells all of his pony car buddies that he smoked a new Magnum R/T too...

Gotta love those Mustang kids.

Tim

Old 07-15-2004, 04:14 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: phantom505

Ah, someone who thinks he knows what's going on without knowing anything. I'm glad to see people like that aren't just isolated to GM forums, but are also here on the Dodge forums.

I know how long to epxect for a car to shift into reverse. And this vehicle has exhibited changes to reverse gear that are much longer than expected (hence, from every friggin car I have ever driven, electronic or no). If this is normal for a Dodge, then maybe I should be getting rid of them, fast.

If you seriously think people are stepping on the gas before giving it a few seconds to engauge, you must be one of those "ASE certified know-it-alls".

Not one of those know-it-alls, just a factory trained dealer tech for the last decade. There is a chance I have forgotten more about cars than you will ever know. I'm sure you think you know how long it takes for gears to engage, I'm telling you in the 300c and magnum it is longer than you think. As to the email, it stated nothing about there being a problem with the transmissions and it is in fact a Mercedes transmission and has been in use in their cars trouble-free for many years.

Old 07-15-2004, 12:18 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate your opinion and experience dodgemech, although it would appear that some don't. Anyway, thanks for putting up with the wanna-be-know-bs'ers. Thanks for trying to help.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 07-18-2004, 09:45 PM
earthdoc

DodgeMech,

I haven't posted in a couple weeks. Got the car back from hte Dealer. Noone from Dodge will call me. I received a letter from Dodge that said "your request" had been turned down....Whatever that means....I have never talked to anyone, so how can they know my request. Dodge probably spent about $5000 by hiring a fault analysis guy from Michigan....who never asked me what happened. Basically he plugged his PC into my car and took some data...bam...letter comes from Dodge, SORRY.

Now, i have found about 6 people with similar problems, 2 with identical. THe car has performed the same malfunction twice since i got it back and today for the first time, it did it in Drive. It actually delayed long enough for me to recognize the thottle pedal was down and there was no engined response (In drive for at least 10 seconds). Yes, the car was cold. I counted 5 seconds that the throttle pedal was down. I held it at about 75% throttle position and waited. WAMMMMM...2 black marks about 10' long. What are your thoughts on this one?

Let me know.

Waiting patiently.

-Mel

Quick Reply: MAGNUM RT - GOT IT BACK AFTER 2 WEEKS AT THE DEALER