Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Magnum
Reload this Page >

Magnum sound system

Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Magnum sound system

Old 07-09-2004, 12:52 AM
Redhouse
Rookie
Default Magnum sound system

Hello, first time poster. I was wondering if anyone else has changed out the factory speakers? I added a pioneer amp with Rockford speakers and Infinity basslink powered sub. I have been enjoying my SXT for 2 weeks now but hated the factory setup. I can't wait till someone after market comes out with a kit for the dash to change the radio and some pannels to fill in the back side compartments to hide and blend in some subs. The Magnum is way to cool looking to sit back with the weak factory sound system. The extra compartment above the battery is perfect for amps. I would like to see what other magnum owners have done to customize thier ride. Thanks Redhouse

Old 07-09-2004, 01:02 AM
blackmagnumrt
Professional
Default RE: Magnum sound system

Welcome Redhouse. I was wondering what system you had in yours from the factory. I have the Boston Acoustics system in mine and it is loud and very articulate.

Old 07-09-2004, 01:07 AM
Redhouse
Rookie

Mine came with the 6 disc cd player in the dash and the four factory speakers. 2 6x9's in the rear and 2 6 3/4 in the front doors. I have not seen one with the boston setup. I bet it sounds good. Redhouse

Old 07-09-2004, 01:19 AM
Redhouse
Rookie

A few pictures

[IMG]local://upfiles/5736/Hf986807234.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5736/Ea844754494.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-09-2004, 01:54 AM
shiltz
Captain

here's what i've done to mine so far, it's a custom box I made with 2 Infinity Perfect 12.1 subs and an Infinity Reference 7540a amp with 278 watts X 2 RMS @ 4ohms in bridged mode.

next step will be replacing the factory speakers and adding an amp for those, and then last will be putting in the new head unit, gona be putting in that new pioneer one with the 6.5" display and built in GPS.

oh, and someone does make an adaptor for the magnum's opening, no place has it listed if you check you just need to ask for one for the new durango as it uses the same opening as the magnum and 300.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2700/Zx705392438.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2700/Pk312274635.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-09-2004, 02:17 AM
06MagnumRT

What's the model number on that pioneer? Is it just one of the ones where the screen slides out? The factory model mounts flat in the opening and looks like its a double-din size radio... can anyone confirm the size of the DVD navigation radio?

Old 07-09-2004, 03:01 AM
shiltz
Captain

the model number on the pioneer one I plan on eventualy getting is AVIC-N1, it's there new one that just came out recently, it is one of those ones with the slide out screens.

Old 07-09-2004, 11:57 AM
Redhouse
Rookie

shiltz, that looks awesome.
So your saying the new Durango cargo space opening is the same size as the Magnums both side walls. if so that just made my week. The factory speakers change out really easy, the 6x9's in the back come out by taking out that one little screw holding the cover on and then just pulling it off. it has 3 tabs in each coner holding it in place. Any 6x9 will fit with no bracket. The front doors have a little more work. You have to get more push pin clips from the dealer because once you push them in there gone, but there only 50 cents each you'll need 6. then unscrew the screws and just pull off the door pannel. It's held on with 3 clips on the back side. The speaker is 6 3/4, for after market you'll need a dodge speaker bracket to hold it on the door. But all in all it was one of the easist speaker changes I ever did. I loved having the battery in the back, easy amp install. The new pioneer looks good, good choice. Redhouse

Old 07-09-2004, 12:43 PM
shiltz
Captain

No, I ment the stereo opening in the durango is the same size as the magnum for getting a kit to replace the factory stereo, not the cargo space.

For speakers it's a little different if you have the Boston Acoustics stereo, on that one there are 6x9's in both the rear and the front doors and 3 1/2 in the dash, also you can't fit any 6x9 in the rear or the front because of mounting depth, it's only about a 3"ish mount depth in the back due to how those side panels indent towards the outside, I have a pair of 6x9 pioneer 4 ways that wouldn't fit in without a 1/2" spacer, when I took a rough measument of the top mount depth on them they were about 3 1/2", from what someone who has replaced the front door speakers already said the mounting depth on those is even shallower than the rear.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Magnum sound system

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: