Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

2006 SRT 8?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 02:15 AM
Hemi RT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 SRT 8?

Maybe the guy is like me. I have a smnall 2 bedroom house and in back I have a 10 car garage with a game room. Maybe the guy just prefers his cars more than his home. The garage....well ever see a showroom with margle floors and excesive track lighting and accent lighting? Well that pretty much sums up what my automobile living room looks like

Old 07-19-2004, 03:20 AM
phantom505
Professional

Dude, I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK.

I live in a run POS house that cost me $55k. My cars are MUCH more expensive ($19k+$33k+$8k+mods/maintenance).

Anyway, I'll have to add yet another car to the pile on the debt with if a Charger SRT-8 comes out.... personally I would love to see that! I would just love to watch Vette owners cry. They practically do with the Magnum. [sm=smiley20.gif]

I know my boss with the BMW 745 is thinking twice as to whether or not his car was worth the money. (He loves the 745, but that man can squeeze 3 nickels out of dime if necessary.)

Old 07-19-2004, 04:26 AM
Wash n Wax

ORIGINAL: phantom505

I don't care. If it comes out then fine. But I would put money down it won't look exactly like that.
Why are you so adamant about those photos being fake? These pictures were published in Autoweek Magazine. It doesn't mean that this will be the production 300C Touring. It doesn't mean anything. It could just be a 300C nose bolted onto a Dodge Magnum. Why does this bother you so much? Autoweek Magazine is not in the habit of publishing doctored up pictures. Regardless of what you think of the vehicle or if it will be produced, the pictures are real.

Old 07-19-2004, 06:12 AM
wonderdallas

Phantom, I signed up tho this forum JUST to rebuke your presumption that the 300 pics were fake. I didn't post them.

Also if you go to Chrysler's german site http://www.chrysler.de/content/chrys...exterieur.html
you'll see the Magnum wheels are on the 300 AND the 300 has side marker lights....just like the 300 touring in the above pics. Our 300s and Magnums do not have side marker lights. If someone was trying to "fake" an American version why would they include side marker lights?

You can find my login at Autoweek's forums, crossfireforum.org, dodgemagnum.net, dodgetalk.com and srtforum.com if you want to research my hundereds of posts to determine my credibility.

And I am a designer and I know a photoshopped pic when I see it.....these ain't it.

Believe what you want.....it's obvious YOU think know it all.

Dallas

Old 07-19-2004, 06:32 AM
sikpuppy
Professional

Well - I don't know for positive that the SRT is a viable release but the Charger is a definite. Got the info from an inside source at a recent AASP mixer
(Alliance of Automotive Service Providers).

The regional Daimler-Chrysler rep was there and spilled the beans after seeing me driving a new Magnum so................ Charger should be out either this fall or early spring '05 at latest.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5539/BC5FDB8D03E24235A652085F8FD64E0E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-19-2004, 06:49 AM
speedyguy

Regardless it is all very easy to swap over and if they don’t I am sure many owners will use the different styles and mismatch them like the Chevy trucks with the escalade front grill.

Ty

Old 07-19-2004, 06:59 AM
sikpuppy
Professional

Agreed. Mix and match at will. I've already seen some Magnum's with the 300 front end on them in Houston.

Sik

Old 07-19-2004, 07:53 AM
wonderdallas

I think they should offer the 300 wagon....but maybe just with the Hemi to keep some cache.

It wouldn't cost a thing....they're already being built. Actually I think the 300 wagon would outsell the Dodge..... it'd appeal to more women.

I'd probably buy the 300C wagon over the Magnum but I wouldn't wait more than a year. I mainly like the 300's interior better than the Mag's. Love that tortoise shell!

However what I'd really want is the Magnum to have the lights and interior trim of the Magnum concept.

I may sell my Crossfire and Element for a Magnum RT.

Dallas

Old 07-19-2004, 01:45 PM
Hemi RT
Professional

Y E S .....The concept headlight were what sold me basicly. They made the car look MEAN as ****. The headlight now look more "Family Oriented" like taken from the Cherokee. Another thing. CHRYSLER: "Hmmmmmm let's offer OPTIONS on this car...what do you think?...SOUNDS GREAT DICK...OK well, these HID lights we offer on the 300 will probably be a great idea all the newer cars are getting them...NO DICK I disagree...lets put old halogen lights on the car and make it less appelaing to the consumer. HMMMM YOU ARE RIGHT , LETS' INTRODUCE A BRAND NEW MODEL and offer them an mp3 player or wireless cell phone capabilities...YES AND LET'S SHOW THEM A SUPERCHARGED V-8 WITH THESE HID's YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AND SHOW THEM A VERY AGGRESIVE FRONT FASCIA TOO...sounds like a great idea...SUPER LETS INTRODUCE IT GET OVERWHELMING aCCEPTION AND CHANGE EVERYTHING THE CONSUMER LIKES AND GVE THE A NEW CAM WITH THE SAME NAME AND THEN NOT EVEN BUILD THIS SRT-8 THEY LIKE...yes I agree...GREAT!!! HERE YOU GO THE NEW DODGE MAGNUM THAT WE THUGHT YOU"D LIKE BETTER THAN THE BITCHIN SUPERCHARGED ONE AT THE AUTOSHOW and and we also have it in 190 hp for ............um...............uhhh.........dahhhhhh hhhhhhhh.............uhhhhhhhhhh.............I guess no one....OH well we will make a ton more money offering the model on wants except maybe fleet customers but I doubt it....lets make EVERY car we have an SRT but not this awesome Magnum lets keep this just an R/T

Old 07-20-2004, 01:13 AM
phantom505
Professional

Also did you guys see the Chrysler 300C Touring pics in Autoweek? Supposedly only for the European market, but kinda cool...
Looks like to me you said those where for a 300C Touruing, not a fascia transplant.

And another thing.... anything can be made to look real now. It's safer to doubt. I don't think that's a "know it all" attitude, just a very skeptical one. But what do I know... you post more than me.

Quick Reply: 2006 SRT 8?