Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

360 intake delivery time?

Old 08-30-2004, 01:47 PM
shiltz
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 360 intake delivery time?

was wondering for anyone else who has ordered an intake from them how long did it take for them to deliver it as I ordered mine a week ago and it's still "pending shipment" which is kind of disapointing service as my last two vehicles that I bought intakes for those companies (iceman and K&N) shipped out the kit the next day.

Old 08-30-2004, 01:57 PM
blackmagnumrt
Professional
Default RE: 360 intake delivery time?

I got mine in about 10 days. You have to remember that you are dealing with a very small operation that is making each piece to customer specs (i.e. the powder coating) vs. larger companies like K&N. Hang in there, I think you will like the kit once it arrives.

Nick

Old 08-30-2004, 02:03 PM
HemiMag
Veteran

How does the 360 unit compare to a K&N unit?

Old 08-30-2004, 02:15 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

I ordered mine last week and was hoping to get it this week.

Guess I will just have to wait.

The 360 unit is a complete cold air intake system whereas the K&N is just a drop in filter replacement.

Bob

Old 08-30-2004, 02:23 PM
HemiMag
Veteran

Sorry, I was refering to the Air Intake Performance Kit that K&N makes.
I don't believe K&N has anything for the Magnum, other than the oil and
air filters.

I would consider waiting on K&N if their intake setup had a better track
record.

Thanks,
Rex

Old 08-30-2004, 03:11 PM
shiltz
Captain

thanks for the info nick, hopefully mine will ship out soon then since it's been 7 days

ORIGINAL: HemiMag

How does the 360 unit compare to a K&N unit?
K&N still doesn't have their intake kit out yet, they are being slow, I was waiting for them cause i'd rather a plastic intake over an aluminum one as it transfers less engine heat to the air inside the intake, but they are just taking to long and i've heard good things about the 360 intake, it's probably a lot cheaper than theirs will be too, $205 for a poweder coated one from 360, when I got the K&N intake for my dakota it was around $360

Old 03-13-2005, 10:25 PM
jcgibson22

I DON'T HAVE INFO ON THE 360 INTAKE BUT DO HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT USING A K & n AIR FILTER IN PLACE OF THE STOCK PAPER ELEMENT.IS THIS A PROBLEM OR WOULD IT BE A BETTER SET-UP?I'VE ALWAYS USED K & N FILTERS.I HAVE A 05 R/T MAGNUM.

JOE / N.J.

Old 03-13-2005, 10:51 PM
MikeyB
Professional

ORIGINAL: jcgibson22

I DON'T HAVE INFO ON THE 360 INTAKE BUT DO HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT USING A K & n AIR FILTER IN PLACE OF THE STOCK PAPER ELEMENT.IS THIS A PROBLEM OR WOULD IT BE A BETTER SET-UP?I'VE ALWAYS USED K & N FILTERS.I HAVE A 05 R/T MAGNUM.

JOE / N.J.
Personally, I think the stock intake is pretty good, just need to remove the air intake silencer. So go with your favorite aftermarket drop in filter (K&N, True Flow, AFE, etc) and enjoy!

MikeyB

Old 03-14-2005, 12:21 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

In my 02 ram 1500, I went with a K&N drop in. When I first was looking at the CAI's, it seemed that all was a tube and heat shroud for over $250. I figured I could do the same fabricating one myself. I took the stock intake elbow off, at 6000 miles, to measure the size of pipe I would need. The trottlebody was nice and clean. 3000 miles later after putting in a K&N drop in, I replaced the elbow with an Airraid M.I.T. I noticed a black oily sooty film all over the throttlebody insides. I asked around and other people have noticed this also. I wont be putting any of the "Clean and Oil" filters in any of my vehicles ever again. The $15 dollar air filter from Dodge hurts the pocket book, but I guess I will stick with it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 360 intake delivery time?