Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

eBay products questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 12:19 AM
techmanbd
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eBay products questions

Hey all, got some questions..

I was checking ebay today for aftermarket neon products and came across a couiple of things that to me are amazing prices and wanted to ask your opinions or maybe some of you have real life expereince with the products.

#1 are CAI's. I see one on here for 22 on the Buy it now. of course shipping is 25 but still comes out much cheaper than the ones in the stores.

here is one for example
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

So does any of you think it is worth it or not worth it?

32 item is front strut tower bars. I see quite a few for $8. aaginb shipping is like 20.
here is one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Any feedback on this? thanks

Old 09-22-2004, 12:24 AM
y2neones
Veteran
Default RE: eBay products questions

if it seems to good to be true, it probably is. just research the stuff you find, see how much it goes for at stores and whatnot. 22 bucks for cai , its gotta be junk. 8 bucks for front strut bar, same deal.. i suppose though any front strut bar would help, just no as much as a quality one would

Old 09-22-2004, 02:44 PM
sauceboy
Professional

i'd also be careful about buying stuff that doesn't specifically state they fit '04s. you're cai says it fits 00-03. you may want to look into that just to be sure.

Old 09-23-2004, 05:56 AM
casper
Legend

I could not pull up the CAI, but I have search ebay quite a bit, for $22, I would almost bet my life its a generic, HAI, AKA hot air intake. I have an iceman CAI, which I have heard nothing but good about. I paid right around $200. The only other comparable intake is off of a caravan. Not sure about the year but there are other posts on here about it. For the most part you get what you pay for.

Old 10-01-2004, 04:04 AM
TJW815
Veteran

i bought a strut bar off ebay as well as numerous other items, no problems as of yet. I practically rebuilt a motorcycle with ebay. Just watch those shipping charges they can really bit you in the @$$

Old 10-01-2004, 06:17 AM
casper
Legend

There are some things that I will but off Ebay, proven product and brand I know and things that if they don't work are not expensive. Unless you are seeing a Ice man CAI on there for $22, all you are getting is a pipe and filter HAI that you can get from autozone for $20 from the store no shipping

Old 10-03-2004, 03:28 AM
xtreme1_419

i have bought a strut tower bar, cai and many other neon parts from ebay, and i have had the best of luck with them, you just need to check their feedback and check the prices and check the prices on shipping, sometimes a price may be lower but shipping is more, where as a product with a higher price has a lower shipping would actually cost less than a product thats the same for a lower buying price. some people do the lower price higher shipping to get their product seen more ( some people will only go up to a certain price before they give up, or more than they are willing to spend) i have 2 ebay accounts and i have bought and sold ALOT of stuff and still sell stuff i make for neonsand stratus's and other cars. so i know alittle bit about ebay.

Old 10-03-2004, 12:35 PM
sushi423
Veteran

whats your ebay id so i can check your products

Old 10-05-2004, 12:25 AM
TJW815
Veteran

Unless you are seeing a Ice man CAI on there for $22, all you are getting is a pipe and filter HAI that you can get from autozone for $20 from the store no shipping
Ok, I gotta ask, I have an AEM intake on my car, I've seen Iceman intakes on the same model car, they seem to be identical in the way they are set up, why would you prefer iceman over aem?? BTW. I'm talking 2nd gen neons, not 1st

Old 10-05-2004, 12:37 AM
Altima_wb
Captain

The ebay CAI are not really CAI they are HAI usually but still its an intake and they do make a difference (more sound then anything else). The strut tower brace is worth it I know many altima owners that have ebay strut tower braces on their cars (me included) and they love them, besides it one of the few ways to get a strut tower brace for an altima unless you want to spend over a $170 (ouch).

Quick Reply: eBay products questions