Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Neon Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 05:23 PM
Neonsxt0486
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neon Supercharger

Have yall heard anything about a neon supercharger in the works. I know i'd be first in line to have one. I need to know if i should wait for one to come out or go turbo. Thanx

Old 09-29-2004, 06:20 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Default RE: Neon Supercharger

I don't know of one, but I'm not sure. There is plenty of turbo stuff, check all the different threads on here for more info about them.

Old 09-29-2004, 10:57 PM
tyson724
Rookie

I havent heard of any superchargers.. Im going with a chill factory

Old 10-01-2004, 06:50 AM
casper
Legend

If you are talking about the superchargers on ebay, I hate to break the new to you, but all they are is marine engine compartment blowers for about $25-$50 on West Marine.com, with a $5 switch included. I have not figure out if there is any gain with them, but if so its low-end, because the max CFM I have seen is like 600 CFM and your stock throttle body will pull more than that at high rpm, it might help a little by taking adding some force air, but not much, especially high R's.

Old 10-02-2004, 04:23 AM
Cr@zy Squ33

Those Marine blowers you are talking about Casper actually restrict the flow of air. Mostly in part by their CFM. It's not enough to produce power.

And yes, I have seen a Supercharger kit for the Neon. But that was many a year ago. The reason why you don't see superchargers on 4cylinders is because a supercharger is belt driven. Which puts a heavy load and draw on the engine and on a 4 cylinder, what the Sueprcharger produces is lost to the engine. Because a 4 cyl would have to work twice as ahrd to produce power from a supercharger, which is why you see turbo's on 4 cylinders.

And in many ways, a turbo is far superior to a supercharger because you aren't wasting energy to produce power with a turbo liek you are with a supercharger. A supercharger on a 4 cylinder is not cost effective.

Old 10-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Altima_wb
Captain

Turbos have far more potential in a 4 cyl. application over a supercharger. IMHO screw the supercharger and go turbo.

Quick Reply: Neon Supercharger