Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Rotated my tires yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 04:05 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotated my tires yesterday

Well I decided since I haven't done it yet that I should being that winter is getting near and I have a decent amount of miles on my car. Plus, I am a bit scared of how my car will drive in the snow when it feels l ike you're driving on ice right now when the road is wet. I was getting on the highway yesterday and someone in front of me was going slow so I just absolutely punched 3rd gear and from a 55mph roll the car started yankin to the right because I had no traction (the road was only wet, its not like there was a lot of water on the road). I broke them loose from a 10mph roll the other day on dry pavement. Now I know my car doesn't have that much power, so its obviously the front tires have no traction. So that is why I switched them and adjusted my tire pressure. We'll see how she does now that I rotated them according to the manual.

Old 10-17-2004, 08:04 PM
morningpride
Veteran
Default RE: Rotated my tires yesterday

How many miles are on that bad boy?
I know that the Goodyears that come on the SXT suck!

Take them off, and get a set of V rated tires ina 195/55/15

That will help your traction issues, and improve performance.

The tours that come on the SXT are T speed rated and are not worth the space they take up.

Also, in your picture, it looks like you took the little chrome[sm=icon_rtfm.gif] pieces off your grill, is it me, or can you just not see them in the dark?

Jeff
Philly

Old 10-17-2004, 08:40 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

It has just under 12,000 miles. I probably should rotated them sooner, but oh well. Yeah, they are the stock goodyears. They did fine in the snow this past winter but I'm rather concerned how it's driving right now in the rain. The chrome trim is still there you just can't see it since its dark and the picture is so small.

Old 10-17-2004, 09:08 PM
SXTNNY
Captain

Ya, I have a little over 10K on mine and the LS's suck ***. I have a decent amount of tread, but I feel like I'm on ice in the wet. I really want to get a set of dedicated snowtires for this winter. Have them mounted on steelies and keep the wheels nice for the other three season.

I toasted the fronts today in the mall parking lot. I pulled past a parking spot to back in. Had the signal on and just put it in reverse, when this old bitch in a white Lumina cuts me off and pulls right in. [sm=icon_flaming.gif] Well, it had been raining, and I was just soooo pissed that I threw it back in drive and floored it. Pretty much evaporated all the water and began to smell rubber. Spun for a good, long time. Felt bad after, but what the hell..... Why are people asses?

Old 10-17-2004, 10:15 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Yes my Goodyears have plenty of tread thats why I can't understand how they suck so much *** when the road gets wet. I like it sometimes because I can slide around corners, but for the most part it, I don't like it. I may just have to break down and get some winter wheels/tires which I really don't want to be spending money on right now.

Old 10-17-2004, 10:43 PM
SXTNNY
Captain

Same here, but I'd rather have control this winter. We get a hell of a lot of snow up here, and I can't be dicking around with crappy tires. I had Goodyear LS's on my 94 Cutlass Supreme Convertible and I hated them back then. They were horrible in a 225/60/16 and they still suck in a 185/60/15 size. With a much lighter car, I don't even want to think what the wind is going to do to me this winter.

Old 10-19-2004, 10:04 PM
morningpride
Veteran

Here's the deal,
Goodyear uses really cheap compounds for there lower line tires, this manufacturing process makes the tread area a harder rubber than what usualy is found in a touring tire ( the tires on the SXT are T rated)
This, along with poor siping (the small slits cut in the tread) alow the tire to really perform ****ty when it's wet.

We took the GA's off my wife's 01 with 14k on it, because they handled so bad. Replaced them with a nice private lable H rated all season, and it handled like a diffrent car.

Corners like a sports car too!!!

just my 0.2$

Jeff
Philly

Old 10-19-2004, 11:57 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I'm still waiting for some wet roads to see if it made any difference at all. Plus when I rotated tires my air pressure was slightly off so I adjusted to be where its supposed to be so maybe I'll have some traction in the rain now. I can hope at least.

Old 10-21-2004, 12:18 AM
dragon8master
Professional

I VERY HIGHLY [sm=goodidea.gif] recommend the BFGooodrich Traction T/A. Either 195/55- or 195/60R15. 55's are V rated, 60's are H rated. I put the 60 series on my wife's 01 SE and they kick a[sm=smiley35.gif]!

Old 10-21-2004, 12:22 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Well I'm going to go the route of a set of winter wheels and a set of summer wheels, I just don't want to spend the money right now. Plus I want to use my stock wheels for winter with different tires, however my tires have plenty of use left on them, maybe thats because they don't grip?[:@] LOL

Quick Reply: Rotated my tires yesterday