Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Who hates imports like me.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 03:36 AM
elric62285
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who hates imports like me.

Ricers suck- take that as you will....

Old 11-16-2004, 11:57 AM
98Neon4Door
Professional

arnt dodges god's gift to the world? lol

Old 11-16-2004, 12:43 PM
mhike

which cam would you recommend for the turbo setup from hahn stage 2? oh and one more thing what is an egr valve and something about cutting it off for an increase in horsepower... any ideas from anybody... please respond... oh and where can i find a short shifter like a good quality one...

98 neon r/t ... n/a but not for long...

Old 11-16-2004, 03:48 PM
casper
Legend

the best cam for a turbo set-up is either the crane #12 or #14. EGR= Exhuast Gas Recirculate. It recirculates unburned exhuast back into the intake. I am not really sure if removing it will do much, but maybe a little.

Old 11-23-2005, 04:10 AM
tonedef1

Dodge has worked very closley with mitsubishi for at least 23yrs and neons are just about as "import" as an american car can get. I don't know what the big deal is with import bashing we are all car lovers JDM USDM EDM there all the same.... i own a neon (It's broken down just a few streets up from my house) "ive owned fords hondas and mitsubishis. I would have to say tho my 88 honda accord non vtec has in it's life screwed on quite a few neons (it might have just been the drivers) but the arguing between tuners has to end it's put up or shut up time if you got the ponys to back up the bs then you can talk.

Old 11-23-2005, 06:57 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

There's not an American car out there I'd buy right now. Every one that seems decent has a comparable import that has better performance and costs less. The only toss-up I'd have is in the $45k price range between the base Corvette and the Lotus Elise, and I'd probably lean towards the Lotus...

$15k range - Mazda 3s. Outhandled any stock 2nd gen Neon the day it became available.
$25k - Mazda RX-8 hands down. I wouldn't even waste my time checking out the seats of an SRT-4 ACR...
$35k - tossup between the Evolution RS and the WRX STi, but since Subaru doesn't have the "Stupid Wing delete" option...

Old 11-23-2005, 11:59 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

id buy a 90s viper for 45000 with low miles.....Not a glorified 45000 dollar celica (elise) Im sure it can auto x with the best of em tho...
wing delete the sti yourself...swap it for a plain wrx trunk....i agree w/ the rx-8 cuz they are beautiful .....cant wait for an rx-7 in 07.....id buy a 97 supra "unriced"..... maxda 3s are like matrixes and focus ....id buy a new turbo 6 tho... or id just spend 10000 dollars on a 98 neon r/t and buy every great part available.....kinda what Im tryin to do now to beat all competition...

Old 11-23-2005, 02:50 PM
QuickSilver05
Veteran

I don't hate imports. I very much dislike the attitudes of the ricer crowd that throws a lot of bling blang on any type of car and thinks that makes it fast. I don't care if it's a Prelude or a Lambo, it comes down to the attitude of the guy behind the wheel.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:09 PM
lblackneon
Champion

The Crane cam 12 reduces the turbo lag time and spools the turbo faster (mainly b/c the idle is higher).

BMW's and cars of that category are on a different level. I consider stupid imports to be in the Honda category.
It just depends on the driver though.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:54 PM
clemson725
Professional

Nothing i like to see more than some old clunker truck pull up at the dragstrip and show an evo or sti their a$$....I'm more impressed with people that make something out of nothing, not people that just buy the fastest stock car they can get. That shows nothing except that you spent a lot of money on a stock car. Tell the guy at the track this summer with a 1976 ford F150 two tone green, long bed, rusted out bed, with stock tires that an RX-8 can outrun him. Dont get me wrong. i'd like to have an rx-8 or an evo...preferrably something with 8+ cylinders though because they are fun, but a drag car they are not.......

Quick Reply: Who hates imports like me.