Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Who hates imports like me.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 02:00 AM
AirWolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who hates imports like me.

I just cant stand imports all sorts they think they own us neons.What do you think.

Old 11-15-2004, 02:22 AM
Drew00
Captain
Default RE: Who hates imports like me.

yeah some old accord tried to race me the other day..... thought he had a fast car but definately only had a fart-can on it

Old 11-15-2004, 02:28 AM
casper
Legend

I love american cars, never drove anything else. Didn't you know that the v-tec emblem alone gives you 50HP, add a few stickers, a 10" fart can, the bigger the better, some windsheild washer lights, and a 1000 pound, I mean watt stereo and your blowin the doors off an SRT-10, how can they not own us?????????

Old 11-15-2004, 03:26 AM
crbtree

hate is such an ugly word... I have owned all sorts, 510 Datsuns(about a dozen or so) 55Fords(2)59 FOrds, 74 FOrd pick up, 64 Fiat 600, and a bunch of others, Oldsmpobiles and it just goes on. I have learned that your car is as good as you think it is, and have worked to make it. I currently own a 95 Neon, great little mini-hemi, lots of power, even for the SOHC, and with the Konis, Eibachs and front and rear strut bars, it almost handles as good as my 92 Plymouth LAser 2.0 NT DOHC, but to be fair, it has KGBs and H&Rs plus the stur bars and better tires and wheels; oh yeah, it says Mitsubishi on the valve cover. I also have a much modified 83 VW GTI that will make both of them blush with shame, but it cost a lot of bucks to get it that way.
So, pick a car, love it, modify it, beat the (*&^(*%&^#^%out of any Hon-duh you can and its a good thing; but just cuzit's an import does not mean its trash.
just my$.02

Old 11-15-2004, 10:51 AM
Vader
Champion

Have you driven a BMW M3, Audi S4, Volvo S70R, Infinite G35 ?

It's hard to hate those cars.

Old 11-15-2004, 12:01 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't dislike all imports, just the ones that think they have something that runs, but actually doesn't. Most Hondas fall into this catagory. Truth be told though, that there still isn't as much aftermarket go fast parts for a Neon as there is Honda.

I've had 2 Neons and always loved running imports of the same or slightly higher price range. I'd have a hard time comparing a BMW or any Volvo (Ford) to a Neon though simply considering the price difference.

Old 11-15-2004, 01:31 PM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

I don't dislike all imports, just the ones that think they have something that runs, but actually doesn't. Most Hondas fall into this catagory. Truth be told though, that there still isn't as much aftermarket go fast parts for a Neon as there is Honda.

I've had 2 Neons and always loved running imports of the same or slightly higher price range. I'd have a hard time comparing a BMW or any Volvo (Ford) to a Neon though simply considering the price difference.
Yeah your right those are imports, but when I think of the import tuner scene, I think of Honda, acura, subaru, mitsubishi, toyota, maybe volkswagon. The volvo, audi, BMW, are all luxury cars, to me thats a different class. Can you rice out a beamer, i'm sure, but most of them are very well thought out and engineered cars. Not Rice burners that the Fast and Furious ricers make look like sh*t. I personally like American cars, I have driven a few "imports" that I liked, I would'nt buy one though.

Old 11-15-2004, 05:10 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I don't hate imports...It just pisses me off when people get so wrapped up into their car/car manufacturer that they think they're god's gift to the automobile industry. I know someone with a Subaru who is just like what I described. Hes hugely into rally scene so I can partly understand it, but he just loves to knock my car. Which I won't stand and take. He is also under the impression that the SRT4 is slow because he saw a video of a SRT4, EVO, and STI whipping around corners and the SRT4 was way behind both of them. He once asked me if I was going to buy a Chevy Cobalt...I told him if he asked that again I was going to punch him in the face. If I go and buy anything it will be an SRT4. So to say I hate imports is too harsh because I don't hate imports. I just can't stand people who think their car is best thing on the face of the planet and that everyone else has to like it.

Old 11-16-2004, 01:41 AM
Drew00
Captain

yeah its definately not the imports themselves.... its the ricers and drivers who think they are better than everyone else

Old 11-16-2004, 01:56 AM
GroundControl
Veteran

yea definitly the only imports i hate are the cockey kids in honda civics who have spare tires in the front and rims in the back.

Quick Reply: Who hates imports like me.