Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Racing Oil??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 07:29 AM
lblackneon
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Racing Oil??

Isn't the best gas at BP? What is techron and what is the comparison to V-power at Shell? Is techron only in 93 octane? I think the best gas is at BP, shell, and chevron.

I don't know for sure which gas is the best but this is just my opinion on what I believe.

I think Chevron is one of the best gases but, it might not be as good as Shell or BP (Amoco). It seems like they might be using the same promotional ideas as Dell. Chevron promotes their gas by saying a lot of car companies use their gas to pass the emissions test (which leaves you to believe it's the best gas). Every gas station believes they have the best gas (that's just business).

Dell says they are Americas best selling computers (like they are the best computers out). The only reason they are Americas best selling computers is because schools buy them around America because they are so cheap. If they would say, "We are Americas best selling computers only because schools buy our cheap priced products. We try to make our company look good by bragging about selling the most computers (like we are the best selling company for computers FOR A REASON). Do you want to know our secret? Schools are the key. Schools wont buy the best computers but they will buy the cheap computers." I believe if they would take a survey on the average public person, Dell wouldn't be on the top of the list. Dell's status wouldn't be close to where their sales are now without schools. I bet If schools stop buying their computers, they will struggle and possibly go out of business. If I was in charge with the schools, I wouldn't buy the best computers either. Students will mess them up.

I hate that Dell does that.[:'(]

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it's a possibility Chevron might be doing the same thing. Their gas is probably a (GOOD PRICE) for what the cars get out of it. Do you think car companies will want to pay top dollar for gas to pass the emissions test on each car? From what I believe, I don't think so. I can't tell you I am positive that is what Chevron does; car companies might pay top dollar for fuel maybe for the best. I just think that is a possibility what chevron is doing. They might not be doing that.

I know that is what Dell is doing though.

I am very picky with the gas I put in my car. Chevron is good gas though. My first choice is normally BP then shell then Chevron or Citgo. BP normally has good prices.

I can tell you where not to get gas. Cumberland Farms[:'(]. That gas gives your car problems, like knocking. A few close people to me use to put that gas in their cars and ended up with problems and ending up having to change the gas.

Old 12-04-2004, 09:33 PM
elric62285
Professional

I like chevron gas. If you want a really good additive you should try B-12 Chemtool, the stuff works wonders, it'll clean out just about anything and you can also use it in your crank case to get rid of oil gunk. It's reltivley cheap and you can get it at wal-mart. For oil I would say go with royal purple or red line synthetics, they last longer and protect engine parts better. Best advice is to have your systems cleaned out- fuel, oil, transmision every once in a while. MTX fluid in neons almost never has to be changed though, dodge claims it will last for the life of the car.

Old 12-05-2004, 03:46 PM
lblackneon
Champion

Oh yeah; I also like Mobil's gas along with the other 3.

Old 12-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Cr@zy Squ33

In all honesty, oil is processed at the same plants in this country.

Mobil gets thier fuel from the same place that BP gets theirs as does Shell Sunoco Conoco and all the other places. What makes a difference is the additives each one adds.

The two major refineries in this country are BP Connect and Conoco. However, BP Connect has bought Conoco and then BP Connect was bought by someone else.

Old 12-05-2004, 09:51 PM
lblackneon
Champion

Cumberland Farms adds water and alcahol.[:'(]

Old 12-06-2004, 10:42 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Myself, I use Sunoco Ultra 94 all the time, unless the price is up and there is a $.05 or more difference between the 93 and the 94 in which case I will get the 93 octane instead. For motor oil I use Mobil 1 synthetic, except in my Roadrunner which gets Castrol GTX 20W50 and it runs on 110 octane CAM2 leaded race gas.

Old 12-06-2004, 01:17 PM
jayster05
Professional

I like chevron gas. If you want a really good additive you should try B-12 Chemtool, the stuff works wonders, it'll clean out just about anything and you can also use it in your crank case to get rid of oil gunk.
Is this a fuel additive? Would I just poor it in the gas tank? I know this might seem like a stupid question but if anybody saw that eppisode of the amazing race where the chick put diesel in a gas car, youll know why I asked.

Quick Reply: Racing Oil??