Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

CATBACK

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 03:11 PM
casper
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CATBACK

2.25 inch piping (.25 larger than stock) Direct fitment, no cutting, welding or modifications needed
Common sense tells you that if it is .25 larger than stock, it can't be direct fitmant.
Neon

This is a direct replacement for all 00-05 Neons with 2.25 inch piping.

Note: some 2000 year Neons came with 2.25 inch piping, and therefore this piece will need to have a reducer welded in, or be clamped down by a muffler shop.
That is from the direct replacement cat off of modern.

Catco High flow catalytic converter. This catalytic converter is a high flow unit. Perfect for the performance enthusiast who wants to stay legal for emissions. This unit also is perfect for when you need a replacement catalytic converter.
2.5" and 2.25" available. This is a weld in application.

click for larger pic
Again no mention of 2". All of this is off on the exhuast section of the modern site for the 2000+ neon.

Old 02-02-2005, 07:04 PM
lblackneon
Champion

Well, I just called Modern Performance and they immediately told me the stock exhaust system for the 2000-up (2nd Gen Neons) size is 2".
He said the Borla cat-back exhaust system has an ADAPTOR to connect it.[&:]
If your curious just call them for yourself (713) 270-8520.

Old 02-02-2005, 07:43 PM
lblackneon
Champion

Oops! I just called Howell Automotive and they also said the 2nd Gen (2000-up) Neons have a 2" exhaust not a 2 1/4". Gotta love me for doing my research[X(]. J/K. We all want to learn something new (I do).

I was never talking about the 1st gen. Neons exhaust nor did I say what size that was but, I was curious so I asked Howell what size those came with and they did say those from the factory came with a 2 1/4" size exhaust.

Casper, u were right about your car (the 1st Gen Neon) as far as the size of that exhaust if I can remember correctly.

FYI; Were not talking about the R/T's or SRT's just the reg. Neons.

Old 02-02-2005, 10:25 PM
casper
Legend

ok, The site is a little confusing then. At least I know I'm not going crazy.

Quick Reply: CATBACK