Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Even a eletric shop is clueless "PLEASE HELP"

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 10:21 PM
bielskia
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Even a eletric shop is clueless "PLEASE HELP"

I have a 200 plymouth neon and I have changed out everything from the cam sensor to the coil pack even tried a different pcm. Well the problem is if you disconnect the camshaft position sensor the car will start but run like major SH*t but once you plug the wire back it it will not get spark. If anyone know please help me fix my car thats in a shop.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:18 PM
bielskia

please help me with this i really need my car fixed if anyone has any ideas you can even call me at 2567444007 i just want my car fixed and out of the shop

Old 04-25-2010, 09:07 PM
josh8950

the cam sensor is telling the coil pack when to spark? so with the cam sensor plugged in, if its not getting the message to spark to the coil pack then there has to be a wiring issue from the sensor to the pack? follow the wires and see if you can replace a harness from the cam sensor to ???? or from the coil pack to ??? some where. thats my best guess. cam sensor is new right? cause i know some sensors if you touch the wrong part of it, the oil or grease from your hands will get on it and ruin it.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

If I recall correctly, if the car starts with the cam sensor disconnected, the cam sensor should be replaced.

Is the "CHECK ENGINE" light on?

Old 05-01-2010, 07:49 PM
99avngr

Just because you put a new cam sensor on dosent mean it couldnt be faulty. Take it back and exchange it for a new one. Tell them it wasnt testing to factory specs and may be faulty

Quick Reply: Even a eletric shop is clueless "PLEASE HELP"