Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Cheap Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 03:18 PM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cheap Upgrades

ORIGINAL: highrevr/tflea

Airmass to me is better Ive had pace setter and in my opinion its junk and I could buy it for 100 dollars not 140. Airmass high flo is the way to go.
i do believe however, that the pace****ter header outflows the airmass header, for both sohc and dohc. its quality may not be as nice as the Holley airmass, but itll provide better power gains.
and yeah, $140 is way too much for a pace****ter header imho. i paid $80 for mine off ebay and it was brand new at the time.
there are also some copies of the pace****ter header floating around on ebay as well.. and i think the TTI short-tube is also based off the pace****ter header.

Old 05-12-2005, 03:49 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTI might not be a copy i thought they had the cylinder 1 mandrel header not the 4-1 its been a while since ive seen anything from them. But im thinkin of the ecu company right? I have the DTA ecu in mine which I think I saw that when I was looking for ecus.....

Old 05-12-2005, 04:06 PM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran

theres a pic of the TTI short tube.

heres a pic of the old version of the pacesetter header.. ill try to find a newer version pic:

notice the o2 bung is in the collector in the TTI rather than the #4 primary in the old pacesetter. still gotta find a pic of the new pacesetter. (ive seen one pic of the updated pacesetter for the sohc, and the bung was in the collector)

youll also notice that the primaries (tubes) are in different holes for the collector.. example, the TTI header has the #2 and #3 primaries together, on the "bottom" side of the collector, while the old pacesetter had one bottom, one top. agian though, i need to find a pic of the updated pacesetter header.

Old 05-12-2005, 09:23 PM
nippondrifterae111
Professional

im rolling obx headers and i hve to say for the $200 including the downpipe and removing the cat it is the best sounding and most hp gaining headers out right now. I really enjoy the kick it gave my car and the sound is very much what i was looking for, plus the removal of the cat helped with exhaust flow with no restiction and it's 2.25 piping dp which is perfect for na tuned cars in my opion. I rolling with an magna flow muffler with stock 2 inch piping and have to say the gain in hp especially with the single exit exhaust is the best way to go. If i upgraded to 2.25 cat back i wouldn't gain any hp and my car is stupid loud. U can really feel it kick in at 2800rpms and it's like a v tech

Old 05-12-2005, 11:41 PM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran

ORIGINAL: nippondrifterae111
and most hp gaining headers out right now.
meh, unless ya got dyno proof of that, i wouldnt claim it since as we all know, a long tube header will outperform the obx header

Old 05-13-2005, 06:28 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Actually My airmass looks exactly like the TTI only has a bigger tube outlet....and coated...

Old 05-14-2005, 12:46 AM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran

ORIGINAL: highrevr/tflea

Actually My airmass looks exactly like the TTI only has a bigger tube outlet....and coated...
yours looks like this, right?

Old 05-14-2005, 03:31 PM
BDM
Veteran

So you guys would recommend a pacesetter header for like a first engine "upgrade' as far as power? How much horses can I gain from it about? I havn't touched anything under the hood yet. I barely know anything about engines. I'm really interested in this stuff. I really want to start getting some stuff for some HP gains...

This is it right?
http://www.modernperformance.com/dcx/neonhdr1.shtml

Also, will this change the sound of my exhuast at all? Cause right now it sucks. I have the dual R/T exhuast.

Old 05-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It says "Pacesetter Headers for the 1995-1999 and 2000 Neon"..................................

Old 05-14-2005, 09:27 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

no mine actually is longer tube but the header pattern is the same. And powder coated not chromed... It has the AIRMASS seal on it so I dunno if its just an older model or different sized ones were available...I didnt know they offered diff sizes...??????? When I shopped them the HP gains on the pace setter were actually lower which is why I picked up the airmass but I dont know any owners dyno numbers. It was the same one off the Race Wars all motor class NEON.

Quick Reply: Cheap Upgrades